Setting up Throttle X-56

Hello, I’m New to DCS, Im really a person who post a lot so bare with me, by the way I absolutely love this game and what the developers have done with it, and I have been playing games since Wing Commander! Im 51yrs old! I owned and programmed in a TRS-80(@11yrs old) !!:joy:

I have had all the same problems as you, and have been strugling as well, almost giving up, now for a month!

Did you figure this out, sorry im new here - not sure if this been answered or resolved, already? I saw this post a couple of days ago and had no responses as i myself had been working to resolve the issue…sometimes feeling absolutely hopeless!! Because your drooling over just flying a plane without crashing, hopingat some point you get to shoot somethingdown!!!

Unfortunately due to all the old info out there, and some or most of it is not working- the information becomes very convoluted at times and overwhelming!

Here are my general specs, including the Logitech Hotas X56(which is black with GRAY WRITING)! Im going to do a walkthrough video of how to fix the issues step by step starting with the pc(things to check ahead of time and set up!), before even getting in to dcs!

My system(its not the best)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Formula

CPU: INTEL I7 4770k @ 3.50ghz

32 GB Corsair Memory

Video: EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB mem

Acer Predator Monitor 35" Curved 144ghz, Max at 200ghz. resolution.
4 m.2 NVME Drives
2 SSD drives
Corsair gaming keyboard, Mouse
**Logitech X56 Hotas

Now I have solved this issue I believe, but I’m double checking things I’ve done and completing backups in case!

With that said, I have everything working on the hOtas X56(mini stick included), I’m also going to provide my profiles(both in Logitech software and dcs), with the templates- alot of the ideas in how tonload ir what not to has also been very confusing. Because in the end most have had no success and even implying yet another 3rd party software in some cases to communicate to dcs, how to setup profiles!

My profile is really good start, I have ton of things mapped for th F-18C! If someone wanted to add the, mode switch into it- I dont see why not! Im not quite there yet!

I wanted to let everyone know that was worried about this, i just figured it out today at 8am this morning (California time)!

Thx…looking forward to good times!

1 Like