Side Panel Off

I CAN’T BELIEVE how much cooler my PC runs with the side panel off …

I started running it like this when I got my 4080 because I didn’t want to put stress on that stupid 4080 power connector but it runs so cool now! Before that I was easily hitting Tj. Max (90c) on my CPU on every session. I’m looking at my Tj. Max. now and it’s 74c. :slight_smile: I VSync my vid card to 60Hz/60fps and I rarely see the video card cooling fans turn on LOL! :smiley: So sweet.

2 Likes

Should probably look at your fan configs, everything i have read says you get better cooling with the panel on.

Our oldest had a pre built PC that ran hot with an AMD chip, so he ran with the side off, We upgraded it for a birthday and I replaced the fans and ever since then we put the side back on and had no issues.

1 Like

I’m just putting the news out there. Your milage may vary but I’ve been building and operating PC’s for more than 35 years. Fan configs? How about not even needing a fan LOL! This thing is cool as a cucumber! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What are you running and what CPU? I can’t hit TJ-max even with Prime95 Smallest FFT mode, which is designed to generate as much CPU heat as possible - with a 9900K pulling 220W. Although I am using an H150i Pro, the beefy air coolers should be fine under game loads.