SimBox NG

I’m happy to report that the carbon fibre added considerable strength to the lid!

Somebody should alert the aircraft industry. They ought to make aircraft out of this…! :grin:

9 Likes

That made me chuckle! Nice work - I would have never thought about using that technique.

I’m going to go ahead and mark 8 October 2019 as the date I first foretold the birth of the all-carbon-fibre construction SimBox CarboNG which can be lifted away to the attic by one hand when not in use. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m already considering making a carbon fibre seat…! :wink:

5 Likes

Quick question please.

But first I apologise for straying wildly off topic and also maybe asking a question you already answered somewhere else.

You know that ejection handle you made? Do you actually pull it when you want to eject and does it do anything in game or is it just cosmetic.

1 Like

Pretty sure it works. I think that he sent one to @BeachAV8R and he uses it all the time :wink:

4 Likes

Absolutely! IF I should have to eject, which I never do… :lying_face:

Here’s the build thread.

3 Likes

Shown off! :wink:

BTW, the one you made for me is starting to wear out. :open_mouth:

6 Likes

I started thinking that my SimBox NG needed a fire extinguisher… Not really need one, as such, but every cockpit has one, so maybe need is the correct word… I could’ve just used a prop, but why not use a real extinguisher…?
So I bought a small one for cars and camping trailers and such.

But where should I put it?

Down on the floor, beneath the seat, on the left?

On a bracket on the right hand side wall?

On the floor seems to be the most aviationish (eh, @smokinhole ?) position, but I could risk hitting it with my foot. The right side wall is probably a better place where I won’t hit it, and it’s easier to reach…

What say thee…?

• Floor
  • Wall

0 voters

4 Likes

Could you pop it in that wine chiller on the right when you aren’t using it?

1 Like

Then where would I put the wine…? :thinking:

I vote for the practical solution.

1 Like

I wote for the wall. Mounted for easy reach if you need it for real, outside the box.

Clear boxtop, open lid, reach in, grab, pull out, kill fire, breathe a sigh of releaf.

If it is on the floor you would have to reach further and it could be more difficlt to pull out.

Remember seconds count when you need it.

Do i detect some inspiration from here?

Have a nice weekend.

Happy simming

1 Like

I vote: Wall.

Might get kicked on the floor and make it a bad day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I would mount it horizontally against the right wall behind and below the trackball. Under the seat you risk kicking it or stepping on it. I have to say, once again, your work is amazing!

1 Like

Agree that you should put it on the wall, for reasons stated above.

1 Like

I voted for floor but I’m thinking something more like this…

…just say’n. :grin:

2 Likes

Not enough space there, when closing the wall…

:blush:
Thanks!

Another poll.
Is this a good idea?

• NO!
  • Absolutely not!
0 voters

You appear to be missing the “Best idea ever!” voting option. . .

1 Like

Aren’t you down under? Doesn’t it mean the opposite there?

1 Like