SimBox NG

Sooo… I had this iridicsent spraypaint that I was eager to try. It varies between purple and blue.

Ok, I am a bit anxious to hear what @komemiute thinks…! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Undecided, we need to see it in motion to appreciate the effect, of course! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This pic will have to do for now. It pretty much shows the spectrum.
I think it will look cool with a blue light coming from inside the case. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the alu floor today.

Will start with the base frame tomorrow…

Ooh, nice. Your LED’s are just RGB and not RGBW, right?

Not sure, but I think so. The Asus mobo has a LED controller that sets the same color or theme on the mobo, RAM and GPU (and the new LED strips that I got).

Looking great dude!

1 Like

Yeah, I know I said I would start on the base frame today. But with all projects, there is always something else that needs to be done before the next step. This project is no different. No point in getting ahead of myself. That just leads to frustration later on.

So, today I started to put the PC (CK37) case together, and mount some hardware into it.

I added some exits for the radiator tubes and the radiator fan cables.

And I started on the seat frame adapter. I need the seat to be removable and sturdy.

3 Likes

more views please. Never thought of using 80/20 as a case frame.

2 Likes

I had to support the case on one side, because of the protruding hose exits.

6 Likes

Damn, this is taking time…
One more to do.

1 Like

Finished!
NOW I can start building the frame…

2 Likes

Dude, you should be building an airplane. Seriously.

4 Likes

I will! One day… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooookay…
This turned out to be a greater challenge than I anticipated.
I really need to think and plan ahead, so I don’t forget any fittings in the rails. If I do forget a nut, I need to go back and take the frame apart again…!

1 Like

This is as far as I got, today.
The beams inside the outer frame are loose. I need to check some distances for the seat frame and the joystick.

2 Likes

A contruction like this use a lot of different fittings. I.e. stuff to connect the beams to eachother.
I didn’t really make an estimate of how much I was going to need, but ordered a sizeable bunch of the stuff. Turns out I probably need more…
So, in order to save some of the steel 90° fittings for the more structurally demanding joints, I went ahead and made some simple alu angle fittings…

Not making as much progress on this project as I had hoped. But I’m having fun, and that’s what’s important! :wink:

Tomorrow I will turn the base over on its wheels and start on the upper structure. Let’s see if the seat will fit!

2 Likes

Well that is the most important part! :wink:

1 Like

Filled ‘er up again, and are now purging the liquid system for airbubbles, while I check for leaks…

Yes, that is the latest LEGO X-Wing, hiding under a tissue. What? I had to get something at LEGOland! :wink:

4 Likes

How ‘bout that…!

9 Likes