Smileys

I have several off site Smileys I would like to reuse and to keep the system from continually adding them to the database I intend to use this thread as a placeholder for them. If all goes well I will be able to copy their image code and the server won’t have multiple copies of the same image.

If this works I intend to edit the thread to add more images.

Wheels

3 Likes

Cool idea

love the wargaming.net smileys, better well stolen than badly made

2 Likes

We should have Mudspike personalized emojis

Can’t think of what one might look like… I’m just the idea guy. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I used to have one but it got lost in some forum update it seems.

Wheels

What were they decide, I will need a burning wreck of a Mig-21 emoji to let folks know how my last landing went.…no seriously.

2 Likes

@fearlessfrog hooked me up with a Timber Wolf a while ago, couldn’t be happier. :mech:

3 Likes

The image storage is pretty smart, in that it detects that an image has been previously uploaded already and uses that instead. It does it by making a ‘hash’ (effectively a checksum) on what gets uploaded, so feel free to duplicate image posts - it won’t take up any extra storage.

I’ll take a look at that - apologies. EDIT: here you go - :wheelsup_cavu: :wheelsup_cavu: :wheelsup_cavu:

If people have new emoji requests then please send a PM to @moderators, as I might not be around and they can be added pretty easy without code etc.

2 Likes

The image storage is pretty smart, in that it detects that an image has been previously uploaded already and uses that instead. It does it by making a ‘hash’ (effectively a checksum) on what gets uploaded, so feel free to duplicate image posts - it won’t take up any extra storage.

Pretty cool setup, and it definitely works. woo

I’ll take a look at that - apologies. EDIT: here you go - :wheelsup_cavu: :wheelsup_cavu: :wheelsup_cavu:

Thanks again. 023

Wheels