So...about virtual groups and the larger sim community

Wheaton’s Law? That marks the third look up for me from your posts today. You have officially won the Stumped Hangar200 badge! :grin:

4 Likes

Unfortunately or not, I am used to it.

1 Like

bottom line is the mudspike multiplayer community is the best in the world.

-Stone Cold

8 Likes

Unfortunately a few get through. I actually had an officer answer a phone, “Lieutenant Commander select Jones”. I paused for a moment, then said, “Yeah, right. So Larry…”

1 Like

Isn’t that what you call a martinet?

3 Likes

Mudspike doesn’t have a MP group. The idea of invite-only groups is sort of the opposite of what we are trying to do here, as we’re an open forum - anyone can join/register. People and groups are welcome to recruit people to their private orgs though. It’s all good.

Also, everyone here is welcome to find people for MP stuff on the Mudspike Discord here if they want. @Gunnyhighway you should join… :wink:

1 Like

Not sure if this is an attempt at a Jedi Mind Trick, but the only people i fly online with, I met on this forum… Technically there isn’t a Mudspike TM VFA-69 led by Admiral Beach and Commander Frog, but there is definitely a community here. We do have fly ins and what not.

5 Likes

The golf club is pretty fun too…LOL…

4 Likes

These two statements make one go “Hmm…” :thinking:

You two need to remember that a golf course is a terrible waste of a perfectly good rifle range.

3 Likes

I’m a pilot…I love golf courses…particularly when they are built just off the departure end of a runway…as a matter of fact, I’ve been lobbying for perfectly straight Par 8s and the PGA will have none of it…

4 Likes

Damn, you really are a flag level officer! :astonished:

1 Like

Speaking of which… are we having a Tomcat Day event tomorrow evening? Would be nice to all join up together on that special day.

5 Likes

You must do a basic checkride on a TA-4 first, followed by reciting the NATOPs for the F-14B, basic communication, address your superior as “sir” (“ma’am” is an acceptable alternative in this day and age), and swear an oath to the god of lag for fair virtual seas and winds for the daily flight.

What? I’m just trying to keep this on topic. Respect my rank!

5 Likes

You also have to demonstrate mastery of the CASE 69 recovery. I’ll be backseat on your check ride.

2 Likes

Make sure you bring soap.

5 Likes

I would say that we do not have an official multiplayer club here, so no liaison officers, no club meetings with agendas or minutes, no disciplinary hearings, no discount at the O-club (not that one, not that one either, but the other one) but we do have a group of people that like to get together, teach and learn from each other, and try to fly structured, cooperative missions. We are not a squadron under the Mudspike banner but we have a multiplayer crew that everyone in the Mudspike community is welcome to take part in (see Discord or Skype comms, if you have questions, please ask or PM me).

For the Tomcat release day, I hope to be around on Discord tomorrow evening as i learn to start the beast and, hopefully, get her wheels to leave virtual mother earth and return in one piece :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sure there is, we just didn’t invite you (also, thanks for putting the ‘V’) :wink:

Seriously though, hopefully fly-ins still happen, and I guess on the Discord now the Teamspeak has gone. If in doubt we can just blame @Fridge. Things sort of changed over time in regards to MP and Mudspike, so it is confusing, but basically we came to the conclusion that a private group is best for cohesion/teamwork etc, but it sort of contradicts having an open forum here. Both things are cool and all are welcome, they just aren’t the same thing.

1 Like

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone has a good SP mission to share for Tomcat warm-up? I bet loads of people are going to jump into the mission editor tomorrow and try to put down a carrier, S3 etc and then some dummy targets. I am so bad at the mission editor and its funny rules.

3 Likes

We should all be on discord helping each other tommorow. That would be cool. But don’t do it or I’ll miss it. Damn inconvenient birthdays

3 Likes

I think @near_blind is hosting a Christen Eagle II taxi to runway clinic 2019-03-14T01:00:00Z

Open to the public of course.

5 Likes