Something I made for a Canadair Pilot and his squadron... :)

What do you think?
It IS old news but it never appeared here before…

:slight_smile:
Gimme a rebel yell if you like it.

Ciao!

12 Likes

Yeeehaw!
That looks awesome!

1 Like

That’s sweet…! Alright…you are gonna make me ask - how much to commission a patch for my outfit? (LOL…not Mudspike…but actually we could do that too! - I’m talking about MedCenter Air)

If you don’t mind we take this on the PM side of things! :wink:

1 Like

PM sent!

Here’s what they eventually got from the Shop…

Colors got a bit butchered but- eh… that’s what happens in the Virtual-to-Reality conversion. :slight_smile:
I still like it.

Also this is the BIG one (6" across) for the “helmet” flight bag. There’s also the small one (roughly 3") for the left shoulder.

3 Likes

Looks great!

Colors are complex. I don’t know how the stitching guys do it with their threads, but when it comes to printing I often had better results by choosing the CMYK colors myself and doing test prints instead of having a program or the print shop converting the RGB into CMYK.

1 Like

@BeachAV8R official mudspike patches?

2 Likes

ACH! Sorry I didn’t see your reply…
YEAH! By my experience too the CYMK profile works great if printing- in this case though with the stitching it’s unfortunately a combination of low resolution, low number of colours and (of course) impossibility to make “shading”- that said I think I could have worked better some stuff, had I known what I know now.

You don’t want to know what you have to do to “earn the patch”…

1 Like

does it involve frozen poopcicles?

I thought we were over that.

1 Like

Worse. Microwaved. It’s gonna leave a blister.

2 Likes

ewwwwww. This sounds like something @Navynuke99 would conceive for a line crossing ceremony.

1 Like

Alas, I’ve never crossed the line except in virtual flying. Allegedly I’m going to Patagonia in 2018 though. So I’ll make sure the flight crew on my American Airlines flight knows I’m going to be in the middle of the aisle doing some odd stuff when we cross.

1 Like

Psh. Amateurs. King Neptune will look up at you with disdain.

3 Likes

Molto bene @komemiute.

1 Like

That’s a great patch! :astonished:

1 Like

@near_blind, @BeachAV8R and @Navynuke99

Go on…

@chipwich and @Troll

1 Like