SpaceX

Cooked itself pretty good during the landing sequence.

Wheels

Falcon Heavy launch tonight, 18:30 east coast time last time I checked. I’ll try and post up some more info when I get infront of a desk.

2 Likes

:rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

Is this a triple landing this time?

1 Like

Yah side boosters are returning to land and they will try for the center on the ship again. These are all block 5 boosters.

2 Likes

Heh, they actually put out a sonic boom warning. I guess the wind is predicted to be off the water today. It was fairly noticeable the first time compared to normal launches because of the quadruple boom.

Launch time has been bumped to 20:00 eastern time (8pm)

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1116057892140998656

Stream:

1 Like

Looks like it is bumped to tomorrow now? The upper winds were too high?

Yep

2 Likes

T-minus 45 mins or so?

3 Likes

3 minutes. My tea I just made is NOMINAL.

2 Likes

Wow! That was AWESOME!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

10 Likes

Gives me goosebumps EVERY time I see it…

7 Likes

I couldn’t see the final flare from my house because of the houses and trees, but I saw the rest, including the burns at the start of that video.

The sonic booms were unimpressive compared with the shuttle’s return, but having four instead of 2 is novel.

3 Likes

SpaceX targeting to launch Starlink satellites tonight. Launch window opens at 10:30 pm EDT (2:30 UTC)

As of the last forecast weather was 80% favorable.

All 60 of the satellites packed into the Falcon 9 fairing
source

Stream:

5 Likes

Future space junk!

They are flying very low orbits to come down quicker when they end their usefulness. They also supposedly have automatic collision detection.

1 Like

I have automatic collision detection too! When something hits me, I know it. :grin:

5 Likes

Not at orbital velocities you dont brah. Your forehead colliosion detector would cease function, the moment it triggers, as well as the rest of you. Slowly dissipating clouds of carbon and water vapor tend not to do so great when it comes to receiving perceptions and acting upon them.

3 Likes