Split Throttle?

Hello,I’m using a Warthog hotas with the Tomcat,I can’t seem to map separate engine controls to my throttle,I have to instead settle for “both” to map to one engine…I have no issues mapping The Hornet Engines separately.
Is this a known issue? Thanks

1 Like

Uhm nope.
I have used the warthog throttles separately on the Tomcat, this past free weekend.
Go to the controls page, choose “Axis” from the drop down menu and you find three definitions for throttle, three different Axis.
Left, Right, and Both.

Map the left Throttle to the Left, right Throttle to the Right and don’t forget to erase the Both assignment.

2 Likes

Thank You…for some strange reason the right engine won’t activate for me.

2 Likes

No problems on my end either (X-56). M recollection is that the setup was no different for the Tomcat as for the other two-engine types in DCS.

2 Likes

Have you tried any other plane with two engines?
Or another test… Invert your throttles Axis.
Use the right Throttle to control the left engine and vice versa.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try,Thank You for your help.

1 Like

Hey, no probs!
Let me know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Soooo,very strange,when I ck the throttle under my PC control panel,It shows as working properly,both axis

Of the 4 twin engine aircraft I have,only The two DCS Aircraft,The Hornet and A-10 are able to utilize the split throttle and control each aircraft engines.

The two 3rd party aircraft,Mig-19 and Tomcat will not recognize my right split throttle.
Strange

1 Like

You could check one more thing… if you have many inputs devices… keep scrolling the Right Throttle line all the way left and see if there something else’s keeping the right throttle axis stuck somewhere…

1 Like

Just a quick follow up on my problem,I was able to assign a axis to the second engine on my Tomcat and Mig-19,But unlike the DCS twin engine aircraft where you can highlight the Left /Right Throttle in the menu and just “Move” the desired axis and that would show in the menu and simply hit “add”
For these two aircraft I needed to manually select from a list of various axis from a drop down menu and it was kinds hit.miss if it was correct.
So,All Good,Thank You Guy’s for your help.

1 Like

That’s really really odd.
Usually you have the plane controls in horizontal lines and input methods in vertical columns.

When you click on the control you want to re-assign you have to do it in the right column- that way when you’ll move the throttle/lever/whatever it will discern which physical control you’re trying to set…

1 Like