Star Trek: Picard | Final Season Premiere Episode | Free

For a limited time, so watch now or forever hold your piece!

2 Likes

I really need to watch s2. Q is my favourite character by far. Be great to see john de lancie again

2 Likes

I enjoyed the first season (for the most part) so I am going to watch s2 as well.

Not looking forward to Q though, I donā€™t like the character at all.

2 Likes

I very much enjoy the hammy acting and the spirit with which John plays it as opposed to the character itself.

3 Likes

I wonder if he knew when he got the gig that it would be a lifetime job.

But then, thatā€™s Star Trek, for yaā€™.

3 Likes

A podcaster I listen to at ā€œBald Moveā€ called Picard a ā€œdumpster fireā€. :laughing:

1 Like

I reallllllly struggled with season 1 to be fair

2 Likes

Season one I enjoyed well enough, a lot having to do with just how great it was to see him back again but season 2 was rough, I couldnā€™t make it past the second episode.

Maybe I was being too harsh? Thereā€™s just so much good stuff out there itā€™s hard to stick with something that looks like itā€™s going down the tubes

2 Likes

Same here, Season one was quite good, really liked the premise and at least they didnā€™t try to have Picard as a geriatric action hero.

Season two, got better as it progressed but overall I thought was a bit Meh! My main dislike of Q is that he is the ultimate maguffin and slight spoiler - the time travel trope has been way overdone in Trek.

But, I will watch Season Threeā€¦ because Star Trek & I wonā€™t be able to help myself.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t really like season one until the end, it felt weird to have Picard on his own without the other established characters from TNG. Season 2 was better IMO, If Picard had ended at the end of season 2 Iā€™d have been happy enough with the story arc.

So far? Iā€™m enjoying Season 3. I like that the first thing Picard does when he needs help is go to established characters from TNG. I like that theyā€™re actually using established characters rather than introducing a bunch of new ones again, and that theyā€™re developing the title character - I didnā€™t really feel that happened in Season 1, though Season 2 was obviously better in that respect as well.

I do seem like Iā€™m in the minority liking Season 2 though, so take that all with a grain of salt!

4 Likes

For me it was some of the easter eggs that I liked about Season 1 - That 5 minute scene where you see Ichebā€™s fate for example, what a kick in the guts that was! That and it didnā€™t try to be ā€˜ST the Next, Next Generationā€™. All those characters had moved on and had lives other than what was defined by Picard.

Season 2 IMHO was lazy writing and seemed nothing more than a cash grab on the coat-tails of Season 1ā€¦ and using my biggest gripe with that series (slight spoiler in my previous post) allowed them to save a shedload on sets.

I have now watched the first episode of S3. Thanks @HiFlyer and so far I will keep watching it. The jury is still out though!

We have already had ST - Next Generation and ST - Generations (movie), I really hope this doesnā€™t devolve into a ā€˜we got the band back togetherā€™ ST - Geriatrics?

3 Likes

This season is finally where this show has found its groove. The new showrunner gets ST clearly.
Callbacks to every past series and characters long thought gone.

I was stunned to see the HMS Bounty and Michelle Forbes, but they were used in a very intelligent way and not just a ā€œhey kids, remember this?ā€ ploy.

I also think Shaw is the best ā€œguestā€ captain Star Trek has had in years. He was great on 12 Monkeys and seeing as the new showrunner also ran that series Iā€™m not surprised to see him.

2 Likes

I agree. As above, I was initially dreading it becomming a ā€˜reunion specialā€™, but also think it is the best season so far.

the season is literally star trek,

Season 1 and 2 were like drama series with an occasional ship shot.

1 Like

Shame it took what is apparently the last season for them to find their stride.

Wheels

1 Like

The Titan Storyline will continue in a new series after picard.

1 Like

Episode 9 is ridiculous!!

2 Likes

I will be watching it tonight before dinner (as I do most of my new shows) and Iā€™m starting to feel sad this season is ending so soon. The previous 2 seasons were the right length for what happened, but this one feels like it could have been more easily, like those middle seasons of GoT where 13 or more wouldā€™ve served the books better than cramming it into 10.

1 Like

Have seen the first 5 episodes - night and day better than whatever 1 & 2 was supposed to be.

1 Like

WARNING! SPOILERS!!