Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

I really liked the first one so I am going to play it.

Will wait a few weeks though, I guess. Not much time right now.

2 Likes

Probably a good idea, it’s getting pretty bad reviews from early adopters for performing badly. Dunno if I can wait until it’s on sale for the first time, but will definitely wait for a few patches.

1 Like

I have it on PS5 and runs great. So far it’s an improvement on the already great first game and I’m dying a lot just like in the first game lol

3 Likes

Since the reviews I saw were on Steam, they probably talked about the PC version.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve heard it’s not great on PC.

1 Like

I hope to finish fallen order before I purchase this game. however I do not enjoy the jumping, sliding, timing, slowing things down, timing, jumping again parts. Does Survivor have much of this?

1 Like

Yes with a new grapple mechanic, so probably more platforming than previous but you do seem to move around faster.

1 Like

I was this close to buy Jedi Survivor for PC… then I saw the Steam Reviews… looks like I’ll wait a few more months.

Imma play this on my xbox. Not day one tho.

Nevermind the fact that the engine tries to ask for 29 GB of VRAM…

I’m trying to convince my wife that this is a good reason to buy a PS5 :grin:

2 Likes

I might go back and try Fallen Order with a controller - I got used to using one with Hogwarts Legacy

See if that makes the platforming more bearable, otherwise this looks like a pass for me.

1 Like

Yes I am playing with a controller and find it not too bad, for platforming

1 Like

I’m mainly a PC gamer but these days I enjoy gaming from the couch. I originally bought an Xbox series S to play the first Jedi game becauae the old Xbox One was lagging a bit. I’ve got the new one now for the Xbox again, wish I had more time but it’s my current single player story based game. :joy:

I’m older and not a fan of the jumping and what not but with the last game, having gotten used to it with the controller some I just picked up where I left off with the new game! :grin:

4 Likes

I’m in no rush to get it, there’s no hurry as I have plenty of other things to occupy me.
When they eventually patch this to the state it should have been in for release I will get it.

I liked the 1st one well enough, although I agree there were aspects I found annoying, but I really haven’t seen any “ideal” games in the last several years, so…

4 Likes

One thing I really do not like is the running animation, looks really bad. Looked odd in the first game but seems a worse in Survivor, maybe because of the new stances and how Cal holds the lightsaber in them, I don’t know. The rest of the game is good though.

1 Like

I was wondering about the state of the game on PC and found this video that goes a bit into details. The author talks a lot about the predecessor having similar issues, but IIRC Fallen Order had issues on the consoles while the PC version worked well. I don’t remember having technical issues while playing. Anyways, this is probably going to need at least 6 months before it stops being annoying (if they support it this long, finger’s crossed).

2 Likes

I’m sitting on the fence for the moment. I really enjoyed the first game on the PS4 and although there were a couple of stutters and lags, particularly during cutscenes, I don’t recall it being bad enough to spoil enjoyment of the game.

I am probably going to buy this one for PC but I’m waiting out the current round of bug fixes.

I must admit that modern games seem rather hit and miss when it comes to performance. Cyberpunk 2077 runs butter smooth in even the most intense scenes with all settings maxed and my 3070 barely gets warm, but a simple game like Moonrunner gets the fans running at max the whole time, even in the main menu.

2 Likes

Currently off by 25% on steam until July 13th. That doesn’t bode well.

1 Like