Stationeers

trial and error mostly, I think.

Though I suppose there’s probably a wiki out there already.

1 Like

Deadmeat and his PDA. Some Steam guides. intuition and ridiculous amounts of trial and error.

Also the developer has videos on YouTube that have some information. Look for RocketWerkz dev videos

We follow a logic path that’s roughly the following:

Did the change/modification/expansion:
A) Perform as intended.
B) Explode the local area.
C) Vent all atmosphere into space.
D) Kill the power.
E) Kill an astronaut.

If A, success!
If B through E, iterate and re-attempt until outcome A is reached.

3 Likes

I just bought this one as it looks kind of interesting.

Currently @Toppometer, @DeadMeat, and I have been passing around a save we’ve been working on with help from @Fridge, @Aeromechanical, @Rhinosaurus, @Tankerwade and @Andrew116

It’s pretty baller. We’ve got a working air lock, delicious atmosphere, manufacturing facilities, and automated solar and generator management. Currently the big hurdle is figuring out how to work the big furnace without blowing ourselves up.

Sounds kind of like The Martian.

I have Whatney’d my way out at least one airlock

1 Like

Sounds like I might end up enjoying this one then.

Is it not multiplayer yet then?

No, it is, but persistent dedicated multiplayer servers aren’t really a thing yet, so you pass around the save file to host locally.

2 Likes

It is multiplayer but various people have been hosting it locally as online time permits.

1 Like

There are several hosting services offering a dedicated server option. I’m tempted to pony up the £8 a month for a 8 slot server, at least until a usable dedicated binary turns up on Steam.

1 Like

A long as we can get the save back, I’d be willing to split that

There’s a post in the steam forums from the dev saying that currently dedicated servers are less reliable than locally hosted. Given the locally hosted aren’t super reliable right now… lol

3 Likes

I think I know the issue, you need one tank with hydrogen or propane, and the other with oxygen. It looks like you one tank has oxygen with some other trace elements, and the other has carbon dioxide with some trace of hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen. We will have to use filters to filter out the different components of the volatile ore

1 Like

If I buy it in two days will you guys then stop playing?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope not, I don’t even have a roof on my single player build lol

1 Like

Is your name @Tankerwade? If not you’re probably safe.

2 Likes

Cool. Since he can’t see this, is it still the plan to make him buy three more copies of NTTR before we decide spontaneously to move all flights to Normandy? :slight_smile: