Steelbeasts Pro PE; on the road with Duke

Hi guys,

last thursday I joined the weekly BG ANZAC session again. It was a little bit tricky, because my internet made some problems.
Panzer_Leader did some rework on one of his “old” mission and we tested it.
It was a delay action of an aussie battle group.
Here you can see the map and his plan and the orders of our BN CDR.

I was in charge of the I61A section (2x M113AS4 with 2 Javelin teams).
After mission start I moved back to my blocking position and set up my 2 Javelin teams.

After every team was in position, Brian (smithcorp) gave me control over V31D (a ASLAV PC with cal.50 RWS).
He was our recon guy but needed a hand, because he had to over watch a huge area.
I moved to my position and dismounted my observer team and my Javelin team.

My position was on top of a ridge and very good for my job.
After a while I found 2 T-90s, which were facing in my direction.

Looks like an enemy recon platoon on a recon patrol in the southern sector…
In our northern sector was some action too. Brian found an enemy T-90 platoon too and Jumos tank troop (T11) engaged the enemy. Unfortunatly Brian lost one ASLAV-25.

I saw the point platoon was making an observing stop and requested some arty. Time to say hello. During the waiting I spotted another recon patrol (2x T-90s, 1x BRDM-2 and 1x MTLB).

Yeah, the requested ICM arty strike was on target…

… and destroyed the T-90.

Burning red stuff in the north.

But back to my job. The other recon patrol was moving forward and occupied the position of the destroyed T-90.
Good to have our FO on the radio.

Bad news for my internet connection “ping time to large”. Usually I have a stable connection to australia but today we germans say “Da ist der Wurm drin”.

“Büchsenlicht”

… damn I lost connection to Marks (Gibsonm) server. Mark stopped the session and gave me the chance to reconnect.
Thank you guys.

Back in the game, we sorted out who was in charge of my old units and after a while I got my recon patrol back.
Back on my rigde I saw the enemy point company moving in my direction.

A mix of T-90s and BMP-3s with FO and BRDM-2s was marching along our PL DEATH. Panzer_Leader ordered the T11 platoon back to PL GLORY. So we had 2 tank troops (T11 and T12) in position to welcome the enemy.
So popcorn time for me, enjoyed the engemement from my position.

I think no losses on our side, only one immobilized tank.

Looks like for the moment, we stopped the enemy. But I can tell you this was only the warm up.

A couple of minutes later the enemy started a massive arty fire along my ridge. Good that I had my ear plugs in.
To run away was no option, so I stayed in position, prayed to ODIN and survived.

During the arty fire I spotted tanks to the north west and there are came more and more…

… and they marched in my direction.

An enemy reinforced tank battalion in march formation, it was a nice view. We tried to block the enemy with ICM fire.

A big surprise was the point company of the BN. They were not following the road. They marched south, looks like the enemy CDR tried to flank us with this company. I reported and Brian got the job to hold contact with his ASLAV.
The main body of the enemy BN was still marching along the main road along PL DEATH.

Our tanks had now a hard fight against the enemy BN and we got the first losses.
… and the enemy was pushing…

… I spotted the enemy arty (2S1).

Usually I got target for our arty, but not today. We had to stop the tank BN first. Brian reported the enemy tank company in our flank and our tanks had now 2 hotspots.
The fight was very intensivly and both sides payed a high price.

I got the order to fall back. I decided to walk along the ride to stay in contact with the enemy.

so a bloody morning and such a good view…

But the enemy did not enjoy the view and pushed forward.

Here the tank of our boss.

Our echelon on the way back to the west.

Back to my blocking Javelin teams. In my game they had a damaged missile starter. So for me they were useless.

I had the time to have a look what was going by the other players.
Mark and the rest of T12 tried to flank the enemy.

He took out a lot of red stuff, but lost his callsign too.

Because our engineers (they were scripted and under AI control) not withdrawed, the enemy tanks run into this units.
Our CO reinforced with our grunts and they played cat and mouse in the woods.

I over watched to this area with my Javelins.

In the next picture you can see Brians Javelin team fighting the enemy. Yes it was a Javelin team and not a RPG team.
Looks like I had still some internet problems.

In the meanwhile our grunts used their Carl Gustav anti tank weappons.

and the only thing I could do was observing.

And oh wonder, my Javelin teams started to engage the enemy. I was wondering about, because you can the the damage report in the top right of the picture.

I had to stop the mission because my son came from school and was hungry.

As always a very good thursday morning with a very hard but good mission.
I have to talk with the school, maybe they can teach one more lesson every thursday.

If you want to try out this mission:
Heavy CT Delay v (Contemporary) Tank Battalion FD v2.2 (4.010) - Copy.zip (2.1 MB)

Next sunday is the weekly Kanium steelbeasts session, feel free to join.
mission start: 19:00 UTC
teamspeak server address: Teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

If you want to join, try to be there at 18:30 UTC to sort out the whisper list and other teamspeak stuff.
If you want to read more:
http://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11334-kanium-sunday-26th-feb-wietzendorf-by-kingtiger/

see you

cheers

Duke RAAC(v)

2 Likes