StormBirds FlightSim News-Community Q&A: Catching up with Jason Williams

Yes it is. I haven’t taken the time to dial out some twitchiness, but it’s thrilling to be in one of those massive furballs In VR. I’m preferring the S.E.5 at the moment.

1 Like

I see what you mean. Much nicer to fly than the Camel… and I love the way the Lewis gun with its bottom ejection port spits spent cases at you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have said it many times before, WWI flying is perfect for VR! No complicated systems. No advanced communications. Just you, your kite, gun and your opponent.

7 Likes

Yep. And if you have the right skins downloaded from HSD, you know exactly who you are fighting with and against. There is no flight sim in the world that has as thrilling, as lovely and as smooth a multiplayer environment as Flying Circus.

2 Likes

I know when you tell me I am not going to feel like the brightest bulb in the pack but what site is HSD?

Wheels

1 Like

Sorry @wheelsup_cavu. I don’t appreciate it when people do that to me either. There is no reason why any of us should know HSD. It stands for Haulter’s Skin Downloader. It let’s you see Squadron and individual skins in Multiplayer. If you don’t use it you see the default skin on the plane of every player flying with a custom skin. My squadron, IRFC, has two very talented skin creators so part of the joy is flying the skin created for me and seeing skins of squadrons we enjoy playing with and against (1PL, J5, etc).

4 Likes

That’s my favorite Entente aircraft. I’ve always been interested in this one ever since I saw them as a kid flying in the movie “The Blue Max.”

2 Likes

You can also use that Lewis gun (I have online) by moving it down to the reload angle (45 degrees?) and shoot at enemy planes off angle of your nose. Works nicely in a heavy turn fight. :wink:

2 Likes