SU25T Training

Cant say as I struggle with the format of missions as I havnt got too far into the game yet. Now that I know the “what was that again” aint gonna be forthcoming, and I have to start the mission from scratch I will know what to look forward to. Found all the docs for each purchase no probs ( I have been around a while). and plenty of vids too. I dont play 24/7 though LOL. Small things like the HUD colour I have been having probs with as I hate having to zoom in and out every time I make an alteration.

But for anyone that dosnt know R-CRTL & H will change colour of the HUD.

There I have said it. Now that wasnt too hard was it . But try and find that in any manuals. However when you do change colours its not much good as the colours are rubbish. Like writing Blue on Black background, Yellow on White etc. Hope real pilots dont have to put up with this. RANT OVER and OUT.

Real HUD’s are always green (or sometimes yellow). You can fiddle with a brightness some but that’s it. Having it go unreadable in certain light conditions makes the thing more immersive for me. But I guess taste is a personal thing. YMMV.

2 Likes

A-10C has a night mode that make it orange.

The other thing could be brightness/contrast/gamma settings that need tweaking. DCS’ gamma is too rigid - gamma set for day can be too dark at night and vice versa, I could imagine that making flying in the clouds problematic potentially as well.

1 Like

This guy did a nice job with a video for “beginners” in DCS World. People who want to try DCS and are not quite sure where to begin.

3 Likes

Yeah…I saw that video posted to Reddit earlier today and thought it was nicely done. I still think core DCS World is one of the best values on the market…you can actually do quite a lot with the free side of the game…

1 Like

I like this guy’s videos - he speaks to the older generation of simmers.

1 Like

Barriers to entry ,I dont think so." Most " gamers already know what they are in for, so for most people this is irrelevant. The “small” bugs in DCS are extremely annoying, nothing is mentions in the DOCS ha ha. Just as a guide on these matters I asked a question about the HUD not being clear enough and had various answers to my question which I eventually found myself when messing with colours for it, And the answer-- a simple CRTL- H which brought up the anti-glare pane-- solved how easy was that but nobody seemed to know. For any newbies like myself in training mode, hit the spacebar as much as you like it dosnt matter the next step must be on a timer so you will just have to wait. The HSI is a nightmare, course lines and direct route OMG these Russian pilots must have incredible eyesight to see yellow arrows and the white arrows for finding a course line to a way point are off the planet, again mentioned in the docs but just dont work. So Barriers to entry should say Barriers to Game.

I don’t think most gamers know what they are in for with regards to DCS World. If you get hung up on the small bugs in DCS World, I’d suggest maybe DCS World isn’t for you. Yes, you can certainly focus on the things that don’t work, but there is plenty of meat on the bone…even in the free DCS World offerings.

I don’t know if they have kept updating the Su-25 (not the -T) tutorials or not…but if they work eventually (even after some waiting)…well, they still work.

I’ve not had any issues with visibility of the HSI…and I’m in VR.

I don’t know man…I mean, sure, you can find reasons to not like the sim, but the free offerings are pretty good value for the money.

3 Likes

These “small” bugs are driving me nuts.
Maybe I should give the SU25 the flick and go straight to the Hornet.
Maybe just my persona but I try to go from the beginning straight as a die and am spending too much time on a small issue I cant get around. Hate to think what other first timers go through with this aircraft-or maybe they dont.LOL.

1 Like