Thank you...!

And that’s not even the worst thing we keep reminding him off! :wink:

3 Likes

Honestly, this is the absolute BEST place to post things like that, because after a short bit of good natured ribbing, every last one of us here is going to offer whatever help we can to make sure you learn from it, if that’s what you’re looking for or what you need.

There are definitely places where things like that will get you ridiculed to the point you don’t want to come back. But that is not the case here. This is where you will learn and make friends. Every single time I’ve needed to figure something out here, there’s been someone to help me out. I like to think I’ve been able to do the same, or at least provide some positive commentary as my level of knowledge / skill in most of this stuff is sub-par.

Welcome to the group!

5 Likes

This is really my favorite sim forum, bar none. The hand-wringing conspiracy yarns and constant negativity of other forums gets really tired after a few years.

Between the constant one-up-manship by armchair aces and actual stick swingers, non-constructive criticism that boils down to “I think this is wrong, fix it!”, and over-reaction to pricing schemes, Mudspike has become my favorite place to go to since it’s drama free and reasonable.

Then again, when the administration are unabashed nerdlords like the rest of us, that helps.

5 Likes

I’m just here to ramble about F-14s and goad @Bogusheadbox about F-111s.

2 Likes

Oh wait- the Intruder is obviously the plane that defines Mudspike.

Just saying- it’s the best. Ever.

Look at it- just look at IT

8 Likes

I’m seeing the wings and landing gear of an F-14…

You’re right actually… sadly it ain’t perfect.

1 Like

I mean, I think the end goal of DCS is pretty simple, right?

We start by getting every US Navy jet from 1962 through the 90s. Fill in the blanks of the Air Force stuff that got skipped (F-111, F-4s). Fill in the backlog of Soviet stuff, the the western European stuff not covered via USN and USAF. If we’re still in the mood, work our way east to get the Chinese stuff.

Before you know it we have DCS: SF2, at which point the universe can implode, because it’s simply all downhill from there.

also fix the friggin missiles :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I like it here as well. :slight_smile:
My activity decreased somewhat at the moment, mainly because of me being a bit saddened/disappointed by my main sim (DCSW) right now, and less time for sims as well, but I am still here and I read Mudspike daily.

1 Like

@komemiute. I see your amount of bombs and raise you, not including internal bombbay space :slight_smile:

@near_blind. Because the f111 has such an amazing endurance, here is a picture of one refueling a tanker :wink:

C’mon. Make it happen !!!

3 Likes

oh you and your constant swing-wingophile spam! You should be ashamed :wink:

1 Like

It’d be an instant pre-order for me. With a mission profile so similar to the Viggen, that is LOW AND FAST, it’d be so damn fun.

That said, I will murder for a Intruder.

1 Like

no you

1 Like

Best sim combat site on the web! Well done Chris, Erik, and Mr. Frog.

Back into flight simming again so I have a lot of reading to do here.

15 Likes

@guod ! :open_mouth: Welcome, sir! Looking forward to next fly-in and stuff!

You know…EECH in VR would be incredible. I wonder if anyone has done a look-see at how difficult that would be…

2 Likes

Frame rates would certainly be high enough on today’s gaming PCs. I had a lot of fun with EEAH/EECH back in the day.

Great to see you Doug!

1 Like

Good to see you, sir. Welcome.

1 Like