Device Manufacturer URL Level(s) Price Range
Gladiator Mk. II
(stick, throttle, rudder)
VKB Sim North America: https://vkbcontrollers.com/
Europe: https://flightsimcontrols.com/
Russia: http://shop.vkb-sim.pro/
Pro USD $99
EUR???
Notes: One 8 way hat, trigger, and twist stick for rudder. Throttle and buttons on base. Replica of German WW2 KG12 grip. Non-removable grip.
Gladiator Pro Mk. II
(stick, throttle)
VKB Sim - Pro/Expert USD $245-329
EUR???
Notes: Interchangeable grips; can use KG12, MCG, or MCG Pro. KG12 same as the Gladiator Mk. II. MCG offers 14 buttons, two slew axises, two hats, and two triggers. MCG Pro offers 24 buttons and an additional slew axis over the MCG. MCG grips are based on Russian sticks.
Gunfighter Mk. II
(stick)
VKB Sim - Expert USD $299-$459
EUR €309,00-409,00
Notes: Same grip offerings as Gladiator Pro Mk. II. No controls on base. Can be ordered with tabletop base or floor/customizable base.
T-Rudders Mk.IV VKB Sim - Expert USD $244
EUR €189,00
Notes: Rudder axis only. No toe brakes.
T.Flight Hotas X
Thrustmaster thrustmaster.com Entry USD $50-70
Notes: 4 buttons on stick, 8 way hat. 4 buttons on throttle. Twist stick rudder and rocker switch. Previously known as Afterburner, Afterburner II, and other names. PS4 compatible.
T.16000M Stick
Thrustmaster - Entry USD $55-70
Notes: 4 buttons on stick, 8 way hat. Buttons on base of stick and throttle. Twist stick.
TWCS Throttle
(throttle, rudder)
Thrustmaster - Entry USD $65-70
Notes: 2 ministicks, rotary antenna, rocker switch for rudder. 14 buttons and one 8 way hat.
TFRP Pedals
(rudder)
Thrustmaster - Entry USD $85-95
Notes: Rudder and two toe brake axises. Can be bought as a package deal with the T.16000M and TWCS as the T.16000M FCS FLIGHT PACK for USD ~$200.
Warthog
(stick)
Thrustmaster - Expert USD $220-240
Notes: Patterned after (you guessed it) the A-10C stick.
HOTAS Warthog Dual Throttles
(throttles)
Thrustmaster - Expert USD $270
Notes: Per the above, patterned after the A-10C’s throttles.
TPR Pedals
(rudder)
Thrustmaster - Expert USD $500
Notes: Rudder and two toe brakes. Metal construction.
Fighterstick
(stick, throttle)
CH Products chproducts.com Pro USD $120-130
Notes: Four buttons, one 8 way hat, four 4 way buttons/hats. External adjustable trim/centering. Simple throttle wheel.
Pro Throttle
(throttle)
CH Products - Pro USD $120-130
Notes: Four buttons, one 8 way hat, four 4 way buttons/hats.
Pro Pedals
(rudder)
CH Products - Pro USD $120-130
Notes: Also known as the “nut crusher.” Rudder axis, two toe brakes.
3 Likes

Where are the MFG pedals and the Slaw device?

Dunno, I haven’t done any research on those.

I edited the opening post a litle.

One idea : lets make it just a list and each listing can be linked to individual thread for that particular hardware ( kit ). You know, its going to be BIG list and lot of details, notes, pictures, reviews, price changes etc. And we probably would like to discus the individual devices :wink:

@Franze so feel free to edit and use similar formating on the first post ( without the notes, prices ).
I would suggest table like this :
[‘url’=>to individual forum thread] DEVICE [/‘url’] MANUFACTURER LEVEL

2 Likes

OK! I won’t bother listing my stick, yoke, throttle combinations again. Suffice to say I have:

The CH Quad comes with 4 x T handles and 2 each P and M handles - so anything from a twin prop to a 4 engine jet.

CH Quad and Saitek TPM lever handles are pretty much interchangeable, meaning I can put two CH Quad throttle handles on two Saitek TPM levers for a nice B737, Lear, Mustang, etc. two throttle set up. The third lever is the Flaps. B727? DC-10, L-1011? I use all 3 Saitek levers with CH Quad T handles.

So given that, the idea is to mix and match.

Each peripheral has its strengths and weaknesses that can dovetail with a specific FSX, P3D, X-Plane or DCS aircraft.

For example, Aerosoft’s OV-10 Bronco. Obviously a military aircraft so the Warthog HOTAS Stick is a must, but not the HOTAS throttle. The OV-10, like many turboprops has a throttle, fuel, and prop levers (on the left side) So I use the CH Pro Throttle Quad instead. It really gives you more of a feel for flying the aircraft.

Three recommendations:
1 - Never get rid of a peripheral - it might be a good fit for a new aircraft (I still have my Microsoft Sidewinder Pro)
2 - List out all your peripherals and think about mix-match combinations (I’m still thinking abut how to set up my B-47)
3 - As much as possible, use standard switchology. Example: the left most switch on both my Saitek TPM and CH Quad is landing gear. If I don’t have room for a Flap lever, the right most switch on both is Flaps, the next in from the right is Spoilers (up is Armed; down is toggle), etc.

3 Likes

Sent some quality time into updating first post here. It could be list of afordable consumer gear.

If you feel there is something mising, feel free to add it if you recomend it. Just pls keep it tidy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice @NEVO - thanks!

1 Like

It’s a good list, but for the rudders you should really correct “Breaks” to “Brakes”.
:wink:

1 Like

It’s a wiki so you can do that yourself, but Discobot may not give you bonus points for comedic effect in that case :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, feel free to update / corect. ( the first post oc, you have to live with my other non-perfect posts :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: )

Looking for canadian joysticks I was curious if Gametrix is still producing their standalone throtle unit. And out of nowhere found this gear named FLASHFIRE.

These guys seems to produce rusian mainstream gear under their brand.

COBRA ACCELERATOR throtle is actualy that Gametrix ECS throtle I was curious about. It sports contactles sensor as do also the next two.

COBRA JOYSTICK V5 was originaly sold by Defender as COBRA M5 ( I own 2 of them, good hw for its price ).

COBRA JOYSTICK V6 is sold also by VKB as Gladiator.

Here folows some smal insight and explanation I found on redit :

First post updated acordingly.

1 Like

Hey guys, thankyou to all whom have contributed and put the effort into collating all the information on controller hardware.

I recently sat down and did a little wiki page for the 229th to assist new inductees on joining the unit and getting set up, one of the things I included was a hardware page so that newcomers could see what the majority of guys in the unit were flying. (Although very few have given me any feedback so that I can update the list
)

http://avimator.net/229wiki/index.php?title=Hardware

but its a rabbit-hole to be sure and I quickly rationalised what I was doing to just putting the callsigns of members who owned/used them so that they could be contacted on TeamSpeak or Discord to discuss the merits, pros and cons of each device.

I just didn’t have the scope to include reviews, pricing, etc.
although if theres anything on my page that might be of use, Im happy to contribute some time to add to the list (via Nevo or whomever)

cheers guys , as always - incredible work

@Freak and @NEVO did a good job of updating that first post wiki, so let’s pin this for a bit as it’s worth more people seeing it.

1 Like

Fixes required:

Lets talk THROTLES (THROTTLES)

Lets talk RUDERS (RUDDERS)

Feel free. First post is ’ wiki style ’ :slight_smile:

Anyway thx for heads up @gadget. First post need some updates. There were some releases recently like the new VPC base.

1 Like

fiximinized

1 Like

updated

• added VPC T50CM base
  • removed VKB GLADIATOR PRO base as it disappeared form their web stores
1 Like

My Bf-109 Slaw device pedals. They are rock solid. All components are medal and they are very high quality. They have been with me since July 2015 and have not experienced any degradation. Had a problem in the beginning w BoS. Mr Slaw gave me support until I was satisfied. The calibration software fixed them up. He has good customer service. In all the time I’ve had these, not even a paintchip has come off. They look as new. The pedals themselves are like sim jewelry. I wear socks or shoes when I use them. I know 500 bucks is a lot for pedals but I got tired of replacing Saitek pedals. The quality was bad and they lasted me less than 2 years. I went through 2 pairs.

@Maico I wasnt able to find any product page for Slaw’s ’ jewelry ’ thats why they are missing in the first post here.
If you, or anyone else, can advise of Slaw’s products page that would be great.