The night that YouTube died

Anyone else feel like they’ve got no place else to go?

I was just wondering what was up. Oddly looking at the sites on the home page there, it seems like a lot of sites saw a spike in reports all about the same time.

I was just settling into some Hornet tutorials, and it went downnnnnnnn. Hard to think that it is worldwide, given the size and redundancy of their network.

Oh good, so it’s not just me.

And here I was just telling my girlfriend twitch I could quit watching twitch at any time.

I need to go make some more coffee and find that other pack of gum I THOUGHT was in the kitchen…

4 Likes

Probably stating the ridiculously obvious, as I am prone, but this feels like a major cyber attack. I noticed network flakiness all day, as if Akimai were under attack.

1 Like

orkbdq9

3 Likes

Thankful a lot of the stuff i’ve been watching on youtube is also being put up on bit chute

*and now that i’ve said that I can’t get any video’s to play over there either lol

Guys, we can start breathing again. It appears to be back up now.

1 Like

Had lunch a while back with someone who has spent years in the insurance industry. She said that a key question they sometimes ask is ‘Do you use Youtube?’, as apparently there is some weird age/health probability of illness claim correlation between the generations of people that do and who don’t. It’s like this fantastic shorthand way to know someone’s lifestyle/age all in a yes/no. Weird.

4 Likes

If you go looking for correlations, you will find the most peculiar answers… But, as researchers know, correlation does not imply causation :slight_smile:

Spurious correlations

4 Likes

Whew. I was suffering from Startled Cat Cucumber Reaction withdrawal…taking those away from me IS an act of war for whatever bad actor did this.

3 Likes

It’s 2:45 AM and I’m not on call. Why am I awake? Ugh…sometimes shift work where you rotate schedules is brutal.

I always get a chuckle out of the news media reporting the potential health issues associated with daylight savings time… one hour back and forth.
Try severa hours back and forth, a couple of times a week.

3 Likes

True, but don’t bother to try convincing the insurance companies. True story, sorry if I’m rambling:

I lived for about 10 years in a flat in a tower block in east London. The tower block was one of three identical buildings in a row. It was refurbished about 10 years ago, during which I was moved (decanted) out of my flat and in to the corresponding flat of the neighbouring tower block just 100 yards away. Once the work was completed I moved back in to the same flat I had vacated during the construction work.

When i did my car insurance premium went up 30%. I had had no accidents or claims against me, the car was identical, parked in exactly the same space, same drivers on the policy etc, same policy for that matter. The only thing that had changed was my postcode (zip code for any yanks reading this). I tried arguing over the phone but they wouldn’t budge on the price. I also couldn’t find a cheaper provider.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hahaha! :joy:

2 Likes