The Pillars of Creation

Just something cool too make you think about something other than the virus.
BTW, the video is well done.

https://www.space.com/pillars-of-creation-eagle-nebula-hubble-infrared-image.html

10 Likes

Ah! The Eagle Nebula… one of my favorites.

9 Likes

My first thought was, “Look at all the stars!”

4 Likes

Baby stars at that… M16 is a ‘stellar nursery’.

5 Likes

That your picture Paul? It’s awesome!

2 Likes

That is beautiful! The dark ‘clouds’ that you see is dust that is blocking (most) starlight behind it. It is a stellar nursery and called the pillars of creation because there is (likely) active star formation occurring behind that veil. Amazing!

2 Likes

Yes, one of mine from quite awhile ago. I really should get back into it. Once all this craziness settles down, I am thinking of getting myself a back yard observatory. I had one when I lived in Ohio and certainly I miss it…

19 Likes

Aren’t all the stars already adults, or worse?
I mean what we see is the past of universe, isn’t it?

Saw recently some document about the future of space this time. In few seconds ( of that video oc ) were all stars some cold dwarfs or something. Like not very ‘bright’ future :wink:

2 Likes

Technically yes, but the Eagle Nebula is only 7000 light years away, so we see them like they were 7000 years ago, which is nothing for a star. If it was young 7000 years ago then it is still young now. :slight_smile:

Edit: for comparison: Our sun is at least 4.5 billion years old, and is still considered a middle aged star. It will likely exist for another 5 billion years or so.

4 Likes

That’s an amazing piece of machinery there Paul. I think one of those shot down my Viggen over Nevada the other day when I was out training.

3 Likes

…who are you kidding with that picture…we can’t see the laptop screen but you are obviously downloading XP aircraft. :wink:

5 Likes

Stargate is real, just sayin

2 Likes
© 2020 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ