The real purpose of a CVN.

Something to give @Navynuke99 a laugh…

I found it posted on the ChairForce Facebook group.

13 Likes

I didn’t realize @Navynuke99 was in the business of authoring pamphlets.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s getting around? I believe that was the guys on the Vinson. Even back in my day we used to joke that the planes on deck were there to protect the reactor.

3 Likes

oh that gave me a good chuckle!

Makes sense. The Planes protect the reactors, and the reactors protect feedom, and freedom protects our guns that protect our freedom.

Because #Murcia :slight_smile:

Pish posh…Reactor Dept…a bunch of guys sitting around watching two hot rocks boil water.

CVIC and SUPLOT is where the real action is. :wink:

1 Like

The whole purpose of the reactor is to keep the auto-dog machine operating.

1 Like

The what machine?

auto-dog machine - noun - The soft ice-cream machine found in one or more wardrooms aboard a USN aircraft carrier. So named because it automatically dispenses ice cream (hence “auto”) and when you select chocolate and dispense a portion, swirling bit as you do, it looks as if a dog has defecated into the bowl (hence “dog”).

Ah!

I have a wonderful story involving the soft-serve machine on the main mess decks and ORSE.

1 Like

Best comment from the Doctrine Man Facebook Group (and it captures carrier life perfectly):

“The combat systems on our warships exist to protect our engineering plants that transport the admin and logistics Sailors from liberty port to liberty port.”