The state of the Project Wingman - Alpha 0.3.5

It really is impressive work done, especially for a really small team. I really like the atmospheric effects implementation. It uses Unreal 4 engine with TrueSKY.

3 Likes

Cool I was just thinking about this the other day but couldn’t remember the name of the project.

1 Like

The atmospheric effects are really well done. This was done by basically one guy in just over 2 years (maybe 3?) making the best of his free time. He is using proprietary engine though, but it still is amazing how much was he able to achieve.

Maybe Eagle Dynamics should just use TrueSKY themselves? Imagine this in DCS.

1 Like

To be honest you should compare realistic terrain with realistic terrain…
Yes, atmospheric effects are good but Project: Wingman engine probably can’t handle all the rest of the stuff it’s necessary for a true realistic simulation.

I am aware of that. DCS has much more computation stuff going on under the hood for sure. My point was just to showcase what possibilities are in the atmospherics rendering department.

1 Like

I think we’re lucky anyway as Wags confirmed they WANT more SpecialFX in DCS World 2!

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t wait for that, and for my pre-ordered Hornet. Finally I will be able to do some proper carrier ops with some pretty graphics :sunglasses:

1 Like

Those are some really great looking clouds. I wonder if you could add true sky or what ever in the same fashion they added speedtree? Visually, that would put the icing on the cake for many years to come.

1 Like

I think it would be doable. Especially when you see that DTG could do it in ESP engine for Flight Sim World.

Kickstarter for Project Wingman is up and after 16 hours it has been funded. You can download the demo from its Kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rb-d2/project-wingman

Here’s the gameplay from the additional mission and aircraft they added since the last alpha version.

Looks like it’s out today (or at least soon). A sort of VR Ace Combat I think?

2 Likes

Could be fun for a while…
They have a Viggen. :+1:

1 Like

It’s only a listing on Steam, the game is still far off. The dev made some really optimistic estimations a year ago when starting the kickstarter campaign.

2 Likes