The universe and us - the connections are pretty cool

Just an interesting article.

3 Likes

So if our entire universe is part of the brain of some extremely long lived entity does that mean when it dies our universe dies and we are just cells in that entities body that die on regular intervals and are replaced by other like cells?

Wheels

3 Likes
2 Likes

Pretty much,
very similar to the theory some Physicist claim we are living in a simulation. As such , if that simulation were to somehow shut down or lose power its game over. Good news is it should be painless. :wink:

2 Likes

Ok let’s expand it and really blow my mind.

Let’s say we ARE living inside a brain as described. What happens if humans are a parasite that lives inside and as we spread and grow we start to affect the operation of our universe? Could we be acting like a Cancer inside our host? What happens when we find a way to get off this world we live on and colonies grow elsewhere in thr system? Let’s say we grow and become so powerful we find out how to do incredible stuff like faster than light travel or folding spacetime and we insert instabilities inside the host brain and cause it to cease functioning? Or we use so much of our environment to support our own existence that the brain can’t support itself and shuts down? We all know humanity is a virus. This article does not make me feel better about our existence

4 Likes

3 Likes

This is what I believe to be true…

4 Likes

You’re wrong!
We all live inside some alien kids marble…
:wink:

2 Likes

It is hard to tell. The universe seems to expand, we can see that. Will it expand forever? Will it deflate? No clue. I don’t have a horse in the race there as I don’t like to believe in one thing or another without any proof.
All I know is that we learn more and more about it every year, and that this might well be what is the foundation of our continued existence.
If humanity wants to survive then moving forward in science and technology is the only way to go.

That’s why I strongly object against those who want to tell anyone that we should not change, that staying the way things are, or even worse, moving back to some way things were in the past is an option.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree with this more. I just wish we would harness it for good rather than the halfway we do now.

2 Likes