Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar

I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar N11106 TH ref: 2960534 and the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar Throttle Ser# 28688.

I bought these new about 7-8 yrs ago and they worked good. During this time I moved and it had been a couple of years since I used them.

I pluged them in yesterday and I don’t get any response whatsoever? I tried to calibrate them. It doesnt even show up.

They were stored in our closet so they were not exposed to any extreme elements.

I’m at a loss. They are in like new shape. I’ll bet I don’t have 30-40 hours of use on them.

Any suggestions…replacing a board? throw them out? Salvage for parts?

The constuction of this stick and Throttle are top notch so I would hate to just throw them away.

Here is some info about the system I’m running in case there is a question.

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 CPU [email protected]
6.00 GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

You might have to install drivers for them but I think that they should show up as USB game controller devices at the very least. Does Windows react at all?

Thank you for the reply…no…I get no response at all in Windows or the game controller. Acts as if its not even plugged in?

Can you take them to a friends computer to see if they work there? that will rule out if they are broken

I tried it on another computer…same thing…nothing :frowning:

Not looking good. It should be detected as something but there is not much else that I can think of.

When it happened to me (granted, it was the warthog) it was the throttle box that didn’t work.
Ended up having to replace the main PCB.

Worth trying to contact Thrustmaster…

Thanks …I’m afraid that it looks like its dead. I guess I will have to try contacting Thrustmaster to see if their is a board to replace?

Thanks again for the quick responses. I’ll update this if I get an answer

you can always ‘throw them out’ with my mail address on the box :sunglasses:

There’s no spare parts anymore but I doubt the board is dead!

Have you installed the drivers? If you plug in the cougar before installing the drivers bad things or nothing will happen, but it wont work!

Here’s some info on the windows 10 process:

Whatever you do, don’t toss em out, I am sure it can be fixed!