Time to push for an unlocked Dserver

and optional patching for the Great Battles series.

Now that Jason is no longer a part of the team it is time to start pushing for the promised unlocked Dserver so it is no longer tied to the Master server since he won’t be around to help them remember that promise going forward. I also think mandatory patching should be eliminated since past experiences with the team leave me no confidence in their future vision without Jason there to guide them.

Wheels

2 Likes

Somewhat surprised that this topic did not gain any discussion or traction whatsoever…

Wheels

Will the Great Battles series thrive without Jason behind the scenes?

Wheels

@Discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: My reply is no

1 Like

I guess setting up a Dserver is so convoluted, that no one thought getting it unlocked attainable. :smiley: I worked for one afternoon trying to set one up, got ahead of the dedicated key request step, and ended up locking myself out of my regular account. I finally got tech support to unlock and reissue, but could never connect over my LAN, much less externally. I’ll take another crack at it time permitting, but it is a royal pain in the keester.

1 Like

The links at these site should help.

Server Hosting:

How to Port Forward in Your Router for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad

Wheels

1 Like

Agreed on having the ability to host off the Russian master. With Hyperlobby still supported this is a great time to do it. But for whatever reason DCS and IL2 want to keep in under their roof and I doubt that they will ever be enticed to change.

1 Like