Tiny Bit of Downtime

Updating some docker images on the servers, as I keep meaning to do it and am away for a bit from today. There will be about 30 seconds of downtime, or about as long as it took to read this. So in summary, this message was really not that useful but at least if you get a ‘502 Mudspike down’ message in the next minute or so then you know who to blame.

1 Like

Ok, upgrades done and all is well. We survived the Great Update Disaster of 2016 Part 18. Forum is now 22% faster on the same hardware.

1 Like

I got it. I panicked.

LOL…

2 Likes

Hmm…is there no stopping what the Frog can do? Now…if he could just write a plug-in that makes my monitor an actual VR device…

Me too. I guess I could have given more than 18 seconds warning now I think about it.

LOL…well, I was uploading those kayaking images and I though that -I- broke it somehow…LOL…I was just gonna walk away like I hadn’t touched it though…

2 Likes

I really missed you.

Frog is like Scotty, under promise, over deliver. Meanwhile he kept the forum clocked 22% worse so that he just could remove his barrier for browny points :wink:

1 Like

His pay contract is written so that he gets a 2x multiplier for each 50% increase in performance. *

• Just kidding…Frog does all of this out of the kindness of his own heart. Best we can do for him is keep inching his employee parking spot closer to the main door each week. Spending a fortune on white line paint though…sigh…

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: BeachAV8R’s live thoughts Dovetail Flight School

30% worse - next weeks update gives a miraculous 8% additional improvement! :wink:

1 Like

You should buy street chalk!

@fearlessfrog You have mail— unless you’ve seen it and you didn’t like it.

Loved it - away for work though. Back soon. Don’t burn the place down while I’m gone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m really really sorry.
Didn’t mean to sound impatient or anything. :disappointed_relieved:

Will keep on working.

No worries! I was just on the road for work - back soon though. :slight_smile:

Ok, just updated a couple of things, so the forii was down for 5 mins. Apologies for that but had to be done, I’ll leave it alone now though, promise. Please continue with Mudspikian thoughts.

2 Likes

Thank goodness Sunday confessional is tomorrow. (Now I gotta find a church a few hundred miles away just to be safe…)

1 Like

My buddy’s a minister in Charlotte. They have beer and bourbon at some meetings.

1 Like