TM WARTHOG slew control upgrade

My Christmas allowance will be equally split between 8 more GB of RAM and (probably) this mod.
Eventually I’ll also buy the MFG crosswind…

Oh look what came in the mail today…

6 Likes

Please let me know your thoughts. I’m really interested if it feels more precise when locking targets on radar or as a Mav slew control.

It’ll be next week before I can install it, because Turkey Day, but I’ll let you know. Planning to have it up and running before the fly - in, so I’ll have one less excuse for my crappy weapons employment.

1 Like

Yup, looking forward to your report Sir.

Having been using this for a while now, including with the recent hornet ir mav update, I can say that absolutely yes, it is far smoother than the stock ‘eraser nub’.

To me this is a must have mod for the warthog.

3 Likes

Thanks! So it offers both the 4 axis and a push press right?

Yes! All input functionaily is kept from the ‘eraser nub’!

2 Likes

I am coveting this. Even stronger than an extension or proper seat.

I am too, although for me an extension is of equal covetedness.

Finally got mine installed tonight.

Work area set up.

Boca decided to supervise. And judge.

I didn’t have any issues with any other connectors pulling out, possibly because after reading Fridge’s experience, I was being extra careful.

Sensor installed, getting everything buttoned back up.

Next up: calibration.

2 Likes

…aaaaaaand it’s not working. I’ve got the button press, but nothing from the axes. Email out, let’s see what I did wrong.

Did you run the tool afterwards?

Yep.

Unplug, replug?

EDIT: Oh and firmware on the Warthog, replug, then calibrate?

Yep. Twice now. Tried turning it off and on again, and I’ve already emailed Damien, so we’ll see.

The firmware was a thing for me. Getting it updated was a bit tricky. I remember having a similar issue where the axis didn’t respond, I tinkered with it and then it suddenly did. Can’t remember if it was replugging (you tried that) or the firmware.

1 Like

Not sure if it’ll help, but as Fridge said, make sure you’re on Firmware v23

That’s really the only thing I can think of.

1 Like

I did this last night, too. My firmware was upgraded a few months back. I ran the included calibration tool and got a Success result. All looked fine in Windows. It was late, so this morning I will give it a go in DCS.

I also shaved down my afterburner detent so the throttles can be pushed forward.

Good luck on your ustick, Navy!

edit → all is goodness with the new microstick. The throttle is working super with the new slew control and afterburner detent change.

3 Likes

Two uninstalls, one bootload, and two firmware reflashes later, and it’s all up and running! Success!

5 Likes