Tobii Head & Eye tracker 5

I think my expectations with DCS are lower because I am just looking at the tracker as a way to learn a module before flying it ‘for real’ in VR. I don’t think that VR is a great way to learn because you can’t have a manual opened up as a reference.

It’s unfortunate that it hasn’t worked out for you, but at least you were able to try it.

2 Likes

Late to the party here… but just bought one with a 50% off coupon because my TrackIR broke a couple of years ago.

The only game I have that it says it supports is DCS World… spent all day trying to get it to work yesterday with no luck.

I installed it, set it up, it works in that little tester program. I then added DCS, went to the bin folder to add the exe but it still doesn’t recognize it, still the ? next to the title where you click to open and select the exe.

Why can’t anything just work as advertised, lol… I’m too old, grumpy, and busy for troubleshooting now days.

Any ideas, suggestions? Thx.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience, but maybe you need to point to DCS.exe in bin-mt folder nowadays?

I tried both… thx.

I clip trying to get it to see the exe for the tobii support.

Chuck Ankenbauer on X: “Does anyone use @TobiiTechnology 5 for DCS. I’ve been trying to get it working but it doesn’t seem to recognize the DCS World exe, which is needed to turn it on and use??? https://t.co/R0bRMjzEIM” / X (twitter.com)

(not sure if that link works here.)

Odd, I don’t think I had any issues getting mine to work.

Can’t remember what I did differently.

Try this?

1 Like

Thx, I’ll try it.

I think there may be necessary a renaming of the DCS folder slightly. If this doesn’t work, try that too.

Here’s the renaming part again:

and more of the copy/paste part:

I also noticed the, always stated, latest version business. If you hadn’t updated to the latest version, you wouldn’t be the first.

Me. I’d be the first, :joy:

1 Like

Just got it and installed it yesterday, hope it’s the latest. lol

Thx will try.

THANKS… copying that dll worked.

2 Likes