Tom "20mm" Hayden

I am very sad to report that our good friend and longtime flight and racing simmer Tom Hayden passed away from cancer yesterday.

Many of you were “over there” before Mudspike and I told his wife I would advise the forums.

RIP Tom, and one more time… flashing beacons.

5 Likes

No!
That’s indeed sad news.

1 Like

:tumbler_glass:

1 Like

May his beacons flash forever in the skies he’s flying now.

1 Like

Been thinking of Tom recently wondering how things were going for him and this is very sad news indeed.
RIP Tom.

Wheels

1 Like

Man ! This is terrible news. Such a good guy. RIP Tom

1 Like

Man. That hits hard. I remember him so full of life and positive vibes back in the day. He represented so much of what was good about the community. I will always hold those moments we shared as treasured memories.

Take care buddy…

4 Likes

Tom at SimHQ was a good guy. Made everyone feel welcome and ran the place with a good vibe. RIP.

6 Likes

Tom was a class act, no doubt about it. Very sorry to hear that he is no longer with us. :pensive:

2 Likes

Godspeed 20 mikemike.
I’ll miss you.

1 Like

R I P

1 Like

Farewell Tom, very sad news…
Thanks for the giggles when you wore the Groucho Marx nose and eyebrows

2 Likes

:beer:

1 Like

You mean this pic?

RIP 20mm.

the%20real%2020mm

7 Likes

The pic I remember was taken from his 8 o’clock, he was looking at the forums with his hands held up in surprise. I’m smiling as I type this…really missed him when he got really sick (I don’t think that time was cancer related). Like Beach and fearless stated, he gave that place good vibes.

Edit- In that pic he was also wearing the Groucho glasses/nose/moustache getup. I’m guessing that info helps…

3 Likes

Sad news indeed. Although I don’t spend as much time here as I would like, I spent a ton of time at the other site back then, and he was indeed a class act. He will be missed.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting @gregp - 20mm was a great guy. It was always fun being on the race track with him, @guod, Jens, Chunx, @chipwich, @JediMaster and a few of the other regulars both here and over at SimHQ. We should all be grateful that our lives intersected with him at some point over time. I hope his family realizes how loved he was.

3 Likes

I gave his wife the links to this thread and the one at SimHQ. Everyone’s comments about Tom will surely bring a moment of comfort.

8 Likes

Tell Becky we wish her well. Saying prayers of comfort for the family.

1 Like

Sad news. I would wonder from time to time how 20mm was doing