Top 5 of 2022... what's yours?

My top from last years are:

1. Falcon BMS (4.33 - 4.36)
  2. Forza Motorspor 6/7 (split screen is inredible good). I like FM6 more because it’s simply better race sim but FM7 later after updates is comparable with 4K textures and better light source + HDR support
  3. Gran Turismo Sport / Gran Turismo 7 (played on PS5 with RT on)
  4. The Witcher 3 next-gen update - playing in 4K monitor/TV on Xbox Series X and Xbox One S based on fact if childern are occupied TV with XSX or not. Regardless of HW of XOS and XSX the game is increadibly good! Super story and everything around the Sapkowski world.
  5. MSFS 2020 - playing on XSX + 4K 55" OLED TV = incredible enjoyment, incredible well implemented control of native controller. You don’t need to use HOTAS or joystick.

Honorable mention:

1. F-22 TAW 2.30 mod F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released - F22: ADF / TAW - COMBATSIM Forum with original DID 1998 graphic. But you can play it natively with modern graphic, see https://youtu.be/qVJ-VPYH664
  2. Civilization VI
  3. Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection

Well, in 2023 expecting Forza Motorsport 8 with RT on the track/in cockpit and I promise, when they release F-15E module, I will be back in DCS World. And of course BMS 4.37 is waiting for me. Probably good time to buy Meta Quest 2 for BMS 4.37 and MSFS 2020.

2 Likes

Speaking of new games, these are:
1.Elden Ring.
2. God of War: Ragnarök.
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
4. Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
5.Cuphead (One of the best games of 2022 in my opinion).

Of the older PC games, I like various strategy games like - Red Alert, Generals, Dune 2000 and the like.

5 Likes

Welcome to Mudspike!

Please tell us about your favourite flight sims and planes you fly in them to show us that you are indeed human, und not another spambot.

3 Likes

Of course, it’s a shame to hear that you’re a spam-bot. Okay)
I play Falcon 4.0, less often I play Microsoft Flight Simulator.
My favorite plane in Microsoft Flight Simulator is the DA62.

4 Likes

Don’t take it personally- we had problems with bots before…

3 Likes

Great choices! All!

Welcome to Mudspike :blush:

1 Like

its human, bots usualy sa ‘Hi, …’ and the like and are generally more polite than humans :wink:

1 Like

Not only bots can be polite. People are capable of it too, it seems to me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hi @Sziiizn As a real flesh and blood human please let me welcome you to mudspike.

1 Like

Hi, as a real p1ss & vinegar human being, i too welcome you to the spike. Get your butt to the jokes thread and post a meme. Or some screenshots of your favourite rides in the appropriate threads.

Also: DCS rules and all other games drool. If you disagree, autocannons at angels fifteen baby!

4 Likes

Sounds great!

I dunno, IL2 in VR is sweeet for WWII.
Falcon 4 for actually simulating a war.
MSFS has incredible visuals.

I think they’re all amazing. What an awesome time to be a PC flightsimmer! :grin:

7 Likes

You are quite right of course, I was just making noise :wink:

5 Likes

Holy trinity of flight simming, amen!

Oh wait, it is missing DCS :grimacing:

4 Likes

as we are at it, here is list of mine. glad I didnt list it back at the end of '22.

originally I wanted to have XP12 as no. 1 but now I am not really sure.
it is still little mess. it performed for me really well few patches back but now its all gone again.

we thought that VULKAN was/is the magic pill but with MT introduction to DCS we now know that it is MT all the way.
XP12 with VULKAN is still struggling on the CPU side.

on the other hand DCS with MT is really something now. the smoothness of presentation is addictive. plus the best clouds on the market imo. flying close to the clouds is just great and no other sim delivers to me the same pleasure.

other honorable mention for me is Escape From Tarkov. as I mentioned in other thread here, our ‘team’ went through some ‘small units’ tactical games and this one seems to be delivering most bang for the bucks imo.

there are no other games for me to mention :slight_smile:

edit: sry, I have to mention Assetto Corsa also. great game for hot lapping.

I have abandoned MSFS some time ago but installed now again the latest patches to see how it performs. I am not really fan of the graphical presentation of the sim but performance is more important for me.

really wish that we have more sims that perform great on our actual hw and not sims that are designed for hw 10 years from now.

3 Likes

Amen brother :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you)

1 Like