Top Gun: Maverick Trailer

JUST POSTED. Got the tip from friends of mine at ComicCon right now.

7 Likes

”Maverick? Did your mother not like you, or something?”

I feel the need…

2 Likes

Also, paging @Hangar200, isn’t there high year tenure for officers, like there is for enlisted?

1 Like

Topgun came out in 1986. In the film, Maverick is a LT. which means he has at least 4.5 years of service. Mandatory retirement for a CAPT is at 30 years…which for Maverick would have occurred in 2012-2013…or over a half a decade ago.

Nope, sorry…unless this film is set in the past, it has already tripped the "Too hard to believe "circuit breaker for me.

5 Likes

OK, that was what I thought as well. If Alamo Drafthouse does a double feature for this opening, I’ll go, because delicious food and beer, but aside from that I can wait.

3 Likes

You guys can’t be serious!?!
You’re looking for something as mundane as realism, in a Hollywood produced sequel to Top Gun…! :rofl:

I’m going to watch this. I’m going to eat popcorn too! :popcorn:

I expect cool aircraft, hot women, music and entertainment to last as least as long as my bowl of popcorn…

15 Likes

Oh hell yeah.

Is all that came to mind.

4 Likes

I’m worried about middle-aged Maverick and Iceman Beach Volleyball scenes. I mean, even I have limits.

5 Likes

OMG YESSSS!!!

3 Likes

It’s a formula that’s probably not meant for this group. On the other hand, I’ve never heard a Naval aviator complain much about the original. All in good fun lads.

6 Likes

Yeah, ok… If they do it bare chested, I’m walkin’ out! :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

I’m stoked. I don’t care if it’s realistic or not. The original was such a huge fabric of my childhood. I might cry just like when Han and Chewie got reunited with The Falcon…

13 Likes

Oh, I mean, I’ll still see it. It just won’t be opening weekend unless there’s a “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling” singalong.

6 Likes

Tomcat at the end has me intrigued.

4 Likes

He’s going to win the day in a restored analogue fighter that can’t be hacked. So say we all!
:salute:

9 Likes

…I think you just nailed it. I’d even bet a beer on it.

3 Likes

Will defo be seeing this at the cinema - should be great entertainment if nothing else.

2 Likes

looks awesome. so much better looking than the midway movie or that other CGI stuff that came out recently. Either way better done CGI or they used real jets. Going to be epic.

Sounds like Maverick is going to get forced out at 30 and then get contracted out mercenary Expendables style to save the day. Wearing a weird flight/space suit in those scenes talking to the Admiral

4 Likes

That’s the key with Top Gun… leave your expectations of realism at the door, and just have fun with it. I think it is going to be great.

4 Likes

Oh, I thought I shared this one a few weeks back. F-14 was towed down Orange Ave in Coronado from the restoration facility at NAS North Island to over by the bridge, apparently for filming further east.

2 Likes