Total Controls Button Box I Want I Want I Want

Total Controls Button Box

My VR Braille-Pit dream come true - with a gear handle!

No observable life in this yet however. At some point I’m going to have to get my soldering iron out if something like this doesn’t hit the market soon, at a reasonable price.

11 Likes

Would really like this but as me and @AndyE were discussing just now, a more vertical design akin to how the TM MFD’s stand would be preferred for these UFC buttons.

Perhaps two units, an angled UFC section like an MFD and then the lights and handles as a small module that “clips” onto the aft end of the TM WH throttle.

Right now I only see a convenient mount my ditching the keyboard and having it in front of me.

I really like the look of that. I have a bit of a franken-setup and have a place in front of me that it would fit perfectly. I would agree with wes that having it upright would be good but could make it work as it is. I’ll be keeping an eye on this.

Yeah, I would probably re-arrange things differently myself; maybe gear & hook levers on the side; add a COM 1/2, List, AA,AG button along the top for Viper…oh my…

Need a ‘Lego’-like system; individual ‘blocks’ that can be plugged in to a ‘bus’-like structure…just don’t know how to do that - what parts would be needed.

I did something similar with my setup.

2 Likes

Review from RedKite on this. I really like it but something about the gear/flaps lever bugs me. But I can’t really suggest where those levers might work better. On the sides perhaps?

Likely I’d not use them; the YT indicates the end ‘caps’ can be switched out, so leave them off maybe?

Hornet/Viper/Harrier are the ones I operate the most so…man, it’s staring at me, I can feel it…

I want it as well, because of the gear handle combined with a fully functional “universal” UFC that can do data entry for viper, hornet, hog, harrier and mirage.

On the other hand, getting it properly mounted is a challenge and it’s not cheap.

2 Likes

So, this is back on sale, and I was about to buy one but… credit card only. Well meh. I’ll build one myself then. Won’t be as neat but perhaps cheaper.

3 Likes

for the cost of that you could pick up a 3d printer and all of bits to build it :smile:

3 Likes