Track IR

When did TIR5 become so expensive?! I’ve had a few in the past and with the Track Clip Pro they were around £140, now I see they’re between £190-200!! Is this because of the dollar/pound exchange rates?

Anyway I’ll just be getting the NON track clip pro version with the the hat clip thing which I’ve never used. Can this be attached to the top of my headset and still work ok? I don’t want to wear a hat at my pc lol. Any downsides to the non Track Clip? Still has 6dof?

as long as you can attach it and the sensor can pick it up, yeah it will work.

1 Like

you should still get 6dof

1 Like

Cheers :grin:

I ordered one from Amazon US and after a day of it sitting in a state of ‘Dispatching soon…’ and being told by an Amazon chat employee that it wasn’t in stock and then by someone else it was sigh It has finally left Amazon San Bernardino, California!!

A delivery date of the 20th February lol so this will be fun to track and see where it goes :grin:

Hehe, now you’re track-ing your track IR.

2 Likes

Haha yeah I guess I am :laughing:

They’re flipping hard to get hold of now. Only one place in the UK sells them but at a high price with stupid postage charges on top, it’s £40 cheaper to get it from the US!! £11 postage from within the UK and only costing me £4.95 to ship from California! How does that work? lol

1 Like

Look, it really easy…
Once you get the complete value of the item…
You have…

Adding the taxes…
and…

1 Like

You might get caught with import duties on that … Or it might get through … it seems to be a bit hit and miss with customs :grin:

1 Like

£23 was already added on by amazon for Import tax. If it’s less I’ll get the difference refunded, if it’s more amazon pay it :blush:

1 Like

It’s in the country!!! :grin:

Will see how it fares through customs… :thinking:

1 Like

If you end up not happy with the hat clip, the Delan clip seems like a good option (and apparently better quality than the trackclip pro) - it’s a UK product so if you’re in the UK postage should be affordable.

2 Likes

That’s good to know, thanks! That’s really cheap too.

It’s cleared customs!!! :laughing:

1 Like

And finally it’s here! 5,000 miles in about 4 days and then it was stuck at the depot 10 miles away and I couldn’t get it delivered, many ‘web chats’ later I finally have it! :grin:

3 Likes

1 Like

Just a bit of advice…when using the Track IR cap-clip, it is kind of important to remember to remove the cap before greeting uninitiated-to-flightsim house guests. As you chat, if you see their eyes keep moving from your face up to your forehead…or your spouse gives you “that look”…well…I usually go with, “oh you noticed that…doctors orders…helps regulate inner ear equilibrium.” Just a thought.

1 Like

Haha good advice but I managed to get it attached to my headset.

Using a thick piece of card cut to size, covered in black tape and then zip-tied to the top of my headset. Then the cap clip just slides onto it. It feels to me like it works better than the pro clip as it is always in view as when I had the pro clip it sometimes was obscured when turning my head to the left. Works for me anyway.

1 Like

LOL…that is much more sophisticated than my “headset-Track-IR” set up.

1. Place headset on head
  2. Kind of slip the Track-IR ball cap clip under the headset on top of your head until it looks like the cameras sees it.

(Note: works best when you have a new haircut) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like