Udzar-Hazy Center

Who has been to the Hazy Center Museum? Going in a few weeks figured you guys had recommendations. I’ve been to the Smithsonians, going to check this one out this time also.

2 Likes

They have some great aircraft (and spacecraft) on display. Well worth a visit. My favorite is the Shuttle (Discovery).

I went to the Smithsonian in DC and also in the Udvar-Hazy Center too. I preferred the Udvar-Hazy overall, even if the Discovery Shuttle is hard to top. Among the cool things to see:

-A good old Tomcat
-SR-71 Blackbird
-Lots and lots of planes

2 Likes

The Smithsonian itself has some amazing, one-of-a-kind exhibits, but like Chuck said, I prefer the Udvar-Hazy Center. It’s just one… MASSIVE… hangar, with an absolute ton of cool aircraft inside.

2 Likes

Last time I went, I didn’t even know about it. The Smithsonians are awesome on their own, but will be pretty cool to see space shuttle in person.

Obviously researching my trip a little further this time… going to hit up Williamsburg also. See if they’ll let me fire a cannon or something.

1 Like

Betty Skelton’s Pitt’s “Li’l Stinker” takes first billing there. For that alone U-H is my favorite.

1 Like

Have you been to the USMC Museum at Quantico?

1 Like

No, its on the list as well. Last time I was in DC I was only there for like 3 days so it didnt make the cut.