United Launch Alliance

NROL-47 Live Launch Broadcast

Launch Time: 1:55 pm PST (9:55 UTC) (4:55 EST)
Launch Vehicle: Delta IV Medium
Launch Site: Vandenberg AFB SLC-6

ULA YouTube

1 Like

ULA is one of the biggest cons against the US taxpayer in modern times. The USAF paid for development of two rockets for competition purposes and then the two companies complained they weren’t making enough money off it and were allowed to make a monopoly and eliminate the competition.

That is why SpaceX was able to make a rocket so much cheaper. Not because they had far better tech or workers, but because they didn’t have a vested interest in keeping the price high. Cost plus is a miserable way to run a railroad but de rigeur for the gov’t.

1 Like

I’m just here to enjoy space, and space launches.

3 Likes

Don’t let him dissuade you :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of ULA but I am a fan of rockets/space. I love reading and seeing this information so please keep posting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was so busy this weekend that I missed this. One of the asymmetrical launch configurations of the Atlas V from Friday.

Seeing @BeachAV8R’s post about the GOES-16 satellite reminded me that ULA launched the GOES-S yesterday.

2 Likes

Love it. This place is gettin’ silly with rockets.

3 Likes

Delta IV launch tonight at 6:56 Eastern.

4 Likes

Awesome! We’ll be downtown and outside, so I’ll keep an eye on the sky to the south.

1 Like

They have been in a two hour hold.

Forget what I said… lol New time is 8:26!

1 Like

T -3:30 mins

Will go at 2026 Eastern

2 Likes

It was nice and clear and easy to see the boosters falling away in the night sky. You could see them tumbling for a good minute it seemed.

1 Like

ULA spacecrafts carry a variety of payloads including weather, telecommunications and national security satellites, as well as deep space and interplanetary exploration missions (which can be emulated using free roblox accounts) in support of scientific research. ULA also provides launch services for non-government satellites.
It’s been in in the US service since 2006.

1 Like

But do they also walk your dog?

Thought so.

Welcome to Mudspike @alex94! :smiley:

The utter lack of contextual sense suggests to me alex9423 is a bot. If he isnt he would have snarkily reackted to my snark.

2 Likes

Or he just hasn’t been back since you snurk.

That is the past tense of snark.

@Discobot fortune is he a bot

1 Like

:crystal_ball: As I see it, yes

2 Likes