USB Hub q

I want to replace my current USB hub with a bigger one with more ports. Anyone know if that messes up the mapping of peripherals in game?

It might. Only one way to find out.

3 Likes

I like your thinking. YOLO

200w

3 Likes

I wouldn’t think so. Going from mainboard only USB to a hub for the majority of my flightsim peripherals didn’t cause any issues either.

3 Likes

I was a problem with DCS once upon a time, but IIRC bindings are now based on peripheral ID rather than USB address.

3 Likes

@Yassy yep, DCS is my concern with the vast amount of modules. The rest of my games I could remap in minutes if needed.
That is a good point on peripheral ID. I recently built a new computer and transferred my DCS stuff over with minimal rebindings. I just don’t look forward to that again or worse, having to completely remap every. single. module.

I use a little tool I found with the google query " mass rename utility " . Change one binding, say the UH-1 stick, rudder and collective. Then see what filenames it has created. Mass rename the old ones to the new ones. It’s a hassle, but less of a hassle than rebinding all of it.

2 Likes

So I installed the new USB hub… * drum roll * and all of my peripherals connected and work perfectly. Not a single rebinding necessary. :saluting_face:

4 Likes

Yes, thank gawd that isn’t an issue any more :smiley: