USB Hub Question

I have a 7 port USB 2.0 powered hub. Right now I have my x56 and saitek rudder pedals plugged into it. So I have 4 free slots. Just got 2 thrustmaster MFDs which I will plug into the hub as well. What benefits would I see from a 3.0 hub? Or would I not see much in the way of change?

To go to USB3 is usually just about data transfer speed (2.0 → x10 → 3.0 → x2 → 3.1) so unless you’re doing an external drive or a VR headset, all good on 2.0.

2 Likes

Any suggestions for good quality powered USB hubs? I have this one currently:

The indicator lights have started to fail - the connections work, but the failing lights do not instill me with confidence that the hub is going to last…

Awesome. Thats what I was hoping for. Only thing I got hooked up to the hub is hotas and hotas related stuff.

Thanks!

I have this
AUKEY Hub USB 3.0 7 Porte USB SuperSpeed 5Gbps con Adattatore d’Alimentazione 30W, On/off Switch e Cavo USB 3.3ft / 1m USB Hub per Windows XP/Vista / 7/8 / 10, Mac OS, Linux, ECC.: Amazon.it: Informatica

I’ve put it through hell* and it still goes like a train.
The power cord could be a bit longer but if nothing else it doesn’t give up.
A small wonder. Love it and given the increased number of devices I have I’m considering buying another one.

*I know it sounds preposterous but I’ve literally treated it really really bad (cables pulled to the limit, ended up squeezed behind my desk) and it still looks pristine.

2 Likes

Thank you! I found the invoice so I’m going to see if I can get a replacement in the first instance and failing that I’ll get one of those babies :grin:

1 Like