Uses for Back Editions of PC Pilot…

Our first vacation after the CV19 is over is back for a week at Littlecotte House…I believe its a Warner historic resort - our favorite vacation (holiday) spot in the the UK…Edinburgh is a close second. So we shall be visiting your Emerald Isle. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well if your within a 100 miles radius of my location I demand a coffee and a handshake :smiley:

1 Like

Preferably not at the same time. :wink: Absolutely!

1 Like

I just googled littlecote house hotel as it sounded familiar and its 11 miles from me…

Let me know when you are coming over and (obviously, if you want to) and we can meet up. Provided the weather is reasonable ill happily take you and your wife on an air tour of the local area and show you the sights. It would be a my pleasure. But of course don’t feel pressured as it’s your holiday not mine… keep it in mind though :smiley:

1 Like

Wow! Small world! You bet we’ll let you know if we are going to be in the neighborhood. Thanks!

1 Like

For @Troll, @schurem, @Victork2 and any other inhabitants of “the Continent”…

…that disturbance you felt in the force about a week ago was in fact me landing in Europe…to stay this time. I am officially an Expatriated American. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 x flights and nearly 24 hours after we left Dulles we arrived at Andøya…to be met by a couple of USN P-8s on the ramp…can’t seem to get away from “the Nav” :open_mouth:

Next step? In a couple of weeks we should receive our household goods shipment and we shall see if those back copies of PC Pilot did the trick in cushioning my DCS rig.

11 Likes

THATS what that was!!

Welcome home brother.

1 Like

Welcome, soon you’ll stop thinking of the place as Europe, but of a very disparate set of countries, cultures and communities. Then you’ll be a Norvegian. But not long thereafter, Norway itself will no longer be a unitary thing, as different regions become very different in their culture, language, etc. By the time you are sensitized to that, you are truly a European. Of course you will show that by owning a scarf of your local footie team.

4 Likes

Welcome back to the Old World!

Right in time for Christmas with a generous amount of Lutefisk and Aquavit! :smiley:

3 Likes

… and Surströmming :wink:

Welcome in United States of EU! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wrong country. :sweden: :wink:

Norway has Rakfisk. It’s also fermented, but not quite as bad as Surströmming :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Welcome over! :slight_smile:
However…we consider ourselves as living on the Scandinavian peninsula. That’s like the Hamptons of Europe. :wink:

5 Likes

:eu: :wink:

3 Likes

Except Norway isn’t in the EU.

6 Likes

I had wondered why there had been so few Hangar200 posts in the last little while and now I finally came upon this thread. Congratulations and what a great opportunity! Wish you nothing but the best in your new home.

Wouldn’t it have been a better adventure to sail your boat across the pond instead of flying though :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Exactly! In Europe, but not the union… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good on you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats on the move. Being in the military circles…you are no stranger to that circus. We moved five times in my first twelve years of existence… We had boxes full of stuff that were still in boxes at some points I think.

Can’t wait to see photos of your new home and explorations of the region…! Time to buy some cross country skis!

3 Likes

I had actually seriously considered it…for about 5 minutes. I would have “coasted” - followed the coast lines and only gone through the open sea where I had to - Newfoundland to Greenland to Iceland to Norway.

However, it would have been way too dangerous - small boat and very inexperienced sailor. Wile I have sailed across the Atlantic 5 times and the Pacific twice, all those time was by aircraft carrier of some type. Better to purchase a new (to me) boat here. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Yeah even in summer that is no joke. Now? Not the best idea.