Valve Knuckles Controllers - first look

They aren’t the consumer version yet…but a nice look at them:

1 Like

Hmmm…
Too big and too late, is my preliminary verdict.

1 Like

Oculus got it sooooo right with their Touch controllers…

1 Like

Actually, Oculus got a lot right. So much so that I have now gone back to the Rift after giving up on the newer O+ (believe me, I tried to love it).
1: The Rift is more comfortable.
2: You don’t have to tweak it to death to get good performance.
3. The controllers are without a doubt, the best, most intuitive and well designed input devices for VR out there right now.
4. It just works extremely well.

I think the Rift is very much like an Apple product. It might not be the best when you look at the specs on paper, but it provides a seamless, well thought out experience when you actually use it and is definitely more than the sum of it’s parts.

So yes, those Valve controllers look kinda clunky to me.

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Yeah, I liked my Rift, but after seeing the O+ picture quality, colors, and anti-SDE, and getting the new VR Covers face-seal, I’m pretty happy with it. I agree that the Rift provides a quicker out of the box experience. My play space is a desk in the living room and I found I’m constantly moving thing around, so my two Rift sensors were constantly on the move, requiring a fair amount of recalibration. I should have found some spots on the wall and just permanently mounted them…but I was being lazy. The only thing I really miss is the Touch controllers, I really liked them a lot.