Vegas

Yep. The older I’ve gotten, the less I care to drill down to the specifics of why someone feels the way they do. I used to think I could convince people of things because I was so passionate about them, but then realized they felt the same way, but just opposite. I don’t have friends that I don’t like, or they wouldn’t be friends. So this site is for people that are (more or less), like me and my friends. Or they won’t be friends. And lastly, I just don’t have much need for negativity in this particular corner of my interests and likes. The drama may be useful for some…and perhaps even a critical part of their existence. But not me.

1 Like

I disagree…

:wink:

1 Like

You know who else disagreed?

Hitler.

mic drop

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ok so back from the trip. Could post a bunch of pictures, but they arent really good ones, except for the one i posted of the room view in the where you are thread.

On the recommendations:

Southwest was a good choice.

Absinthe was a great show. The acrobatics were very impressive. The roller skate thing is insane. The comedy was over the top, so if you aren’t into that kind of raunchiness, you probably wouldn’t like it.

Planet Hollywood is in a great location, and the room had an outstanding view. Would definitely stay here again. It didn’t have the 200 year old ash tray smell I remembered from the previous trips, and again the room was amazing. Stayed in the Ultra Resort Vista room and highly recommend it. Make sure you get one with a fountain view.

The strip has changed a ton from when I last remembered it, many newer/remodeled hotels.

To keep this flight sim related, DCS NTTR has done a good job of simulating the area. There is a rather obvious omission of the Cosmopolitan Hotel, its right across the street from PH and is the tallest building on the strip aside from the Stratosphere, so not sure why it was left out. Flying in and out, I recognized several landmarks from playing DCS, saw the Hoover Dam, etc. The mountains and valleys look very real now that I’ve seen them in person. The area was very hazy though, not sure if DCS has a setting for this to match it.

Anyways, overall, it was an awesome weekend trip and thank you for the recommendations.

6 Likes