Viper update

An A with added weight and higher thrust. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A LUA edit could probably add the P, fairly easily.

Would likely violate the MP Integrity Check.

It will, but since I dont play on public servers, its not an issue. And if used with OVGME, can be easily uninstalled.

Because this is a Blk50, adding the P isnt something ED will do, so you have to do it yourself or live without it.

Phase 1 Early Access:
AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241132

2 Likes

Wowza.

Oh, I missed that.
Funny though. They’ll compromise accuracy to appease the masses on the Viper triple AGM-65s and early AIM-9s). However when the same questions are raised about expanding the F-5E’s weapons, we get the replay that its a very specific version, so no.

2 Likes

I can understand some of it, because adding an additional AIM-9 model or an AGM-65 triple rack is just reusing what’s already there vice what isn’t (in the F-5s case). But I also think ED gets a little too uptight with a lot of it when more should be given to the mission designer’s toolbag.

1 Like

There’s always the possibility that legal arrangements are vastly different for different aircraft.

Dear All,

I promised that we will try to deliver the AGM-65D Maverick air-to-surface missile by the end of April. However, our new developer was not able to overpower the complexity and need a little bit more time and help from the main devs who are working with Hornet features at the moment.

That being said, we will deliver the small updates such as strobe light to be brighter at night, anti-collision light to be seen on multiplayer servers, improvement to LEF and FCR Hostiles.

Sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

1 Like

Better few features that work than a lot of features that don’t work.

4 Likes

Agreed. I hope the “improvement to […] FCR Hostiles” part means that the DL is now fixed.

Aye, and time… time goes by… so slowly… I neeeeeeed your love, oh so much :musical_score: :fighting_falcon:

2 Likes

Just wish they would make the MFD’s brighter. How hard can it be??

Well there is Falcon BMS in the meantime. :slightly_smiling_face:

tenor

Come get your -65A/B/D/G Mavs.

8 Likes

Say goodbye to your elevons… :wink:

3 Likes
8 Likes

IIRC from previous F-16 sims and the manual, airspeed for the F-16 is measured in Calculated Air Speed (CAS…with is confusing with the other CAS). So if I am posting something about the Viper mod, I should use CAS vice KIAS? Or KCAS?

…and what is the real difference?

(Yes, I know that ME uses GS which is why it is sometimes better to use the Mach number…my brain hurts…)

F-16 DCS is CAS by default but can also do TAS and GS with a switch in the pit…all measured in Knots.

CAS = Calibrated Airspeed which is Indicated Airspeed (IAS) with calibration for errors - but still fairly close to IAS and thus is very different to TAS as you climb higher in altitude.

TAS = True Airspeed… The radar measures TAS although navigation is sometimes best with GS (TAS adjusted for wind I think) instead.

Typically CAS is the one to use - even the speed limit of 800 kts refers to KCAS

And to confuse things further someone may have totally screwed up because it seems currently with KCAS selected you actually get KEAS in DCS…but cant be arsed to test it myself.

1 Like

IAS (Indicated Airspeed) is actually not what you normally read on your ASI (Air Speed Indicator).
IAS is simply the difference between total airpressure and the static airpressure; the dynamic air pressure.
When this pressure is corrected for positional and instrument errors, you get the CAS (Calibrated Air Speed). CAS is normally what you read on your ASI.
If you correct CAS for air compressibility, you get the EAS (Equivalent Air Speed). Correct that again for air density and you get TAS (True Air Speed), the speed you are going through the surrounding air. Correct it again for wind and you get GS (Ground Speed).

CAS is often called IAS because that’s what’s Indicated on your gauge.

Clear as mud…?

8 Likes