Virpil Apache Collective

So I was on the fence about Virpil’s Blackhawk collective then they go and announce this…
It looks massive!

4 Likes

I genuinely considered learning helicopters just for the Apache. I am just afraid it’s like all things helicopter- TWICE the cost of fixed wing!

4 Likes

I caved in and ordered the Apache grip and the counterbalance kit.
And, as I already own the the collective base I get a 5% discount! No, not a lot as discounts go, but I would’ve bought it without the discount, so it’s better than nothing.

5 Likes

You will definitely have to share your experience with it so we can get an idea of what to expect.

1 Like

I will! Delivery starts in January though, so don’t hold your breath… :wink:

3 Likes

Great, so a full review sometime during Week 1, 2024 then ? :wink:
Did you order the counter balance springy thingy also ?
I went ahead and ordered one, since I’ve been falling out of the sky more than once now, due to the collective deciding to take a nap.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got the counter balance kit as well. I was thinking about making a stepper motor solution, but I will try the spring first.

2 Likes

I had a MC steering damper contraption in mind, but then this popped up. I hope it can be tuned to not feel too “springy”
Stepper motor solution sounds awesome, that would make it possible to implement a trim neutral position, with a button to release it ?

1 Like

I think the built in friction damper, in addition to the new counter balance spring, will help a lot.
I’ve been looking at some online motorized collectives and they look really interesting…

2 Likes