Virpil Control Panel 3, SharKa-50

Virpils latest control panel arrived today.
As the SimBox is in turtle mode, I haven’t tested the panel yet, but I have some detail pictures.

This is what you get.

The panel and some extra handles for the levers.
There were also the necessary cables, to connect the panel to other VPC controllers or a USB port, and tools to open it up.

Here’s the guts of the panel.

As with the other panels, you can change the orientation of the top panel so the USB and AUX contacts face the other way.

The lever mechanisms

The handles can be swapped between the ones you saw in the first picture.
I have chosen two red and two blue handles, to act as Prop RPM and Fuel Mixture controllers. You could use this panel as a throttle, if you want to.

In addition to the four levers, the panel has got a bunch of back lighted pushbuttons, regular pushbuttons, toggle switches, a couple of rotary encoders and a mode selector knob.

9 Likes

Looks great…and well made too! How is it size wise compared to the TM MFD bezels?

3 Likes

Bigger. I can dig my MFDs out and compare.

2 Likes

I would be interested to see the size difference but there is definitely no rush. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice. Thanks.

I could use me some LARGE gear & flaps handles; easy to find in VR.
Currently using a cheap…whatchamacallit…here: Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant Professional Simulation Axis Levers. Don’t let the word “Professional” fool ya - it’s cheap. But still working, so there’s that.

3 Likes

The TM MFD measures 14x14cm and the base of the VPC control panels as well as their CM3 Throttle measures 20x17cm.

3 Likes

You could use this panel for that or you could get the earlier control panel, that has got a gear lever.

3 Likes

sweet!

1 Like

@PaulRix is the real Bad Influencer! I am merely a hobby influencer… :wink:

3 Likes

I am really tempted to get one of those. I may wait for a sale and get a set of pedals and that panel. Who knows how long I can resist :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Certainly not you… :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @Troll That helps a lot. :+1:

I was hoping I could Velcro one onto the MFD bezel mounting I have for my MonsterTech gear…but it looks like it might be a bit too big for that. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah. Rather heavy too…

1 Like