Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM and VPC ACE Pedals

Some additional info on the VPC MongoosT-50CM cam mechanism … and VPC ACE Pedals! This look pretty awesome!

Source: Introducing the Final Part of the VPCockpit - VPC Rudder Pedals! - News & Announcements - VIRPIL Controls

Hello VIRPILs!

Pre-orders on our webstore have now been running for a week and even in light of the restricted payment options, the reception has been fantastic! We’re happy to be able to make changes to our ordering system based on community requests and we appreciate all the support that we’ve received!

We will be releasing a video in the near future clarifying the simplicity of adjusting our new VPC MongoosT-50CM base in the same style as our VPC WarBRD base cam change video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ6_0N7uRKc

The quick and easy cam and spring change process on the VPC MongoosT-50CM base means that for the first time, sim pilots have the practical means to adjust their setup to suit individual games (swapping between atmospheric flight sims and space sims) and even between aircraft (quickly swapping to lighter springs for helicopter flight for example). This unprecedented level of adjustability means you get to fly exactly how you want!

MT50CMBase_04.thumb.png.c3715e281acc1a0e357e024976c12856.png

MT50CMBase_02.thumb.png.49b312f29e9ae0097c388302f65725bb.png

We’ve also been listening to feedback from the community regarding the VPC MongoosT-50CM mounting requirements. We know that there are people who wish to this base but already have some custom mounts or simpit that means they cannot easily use our deskmounts or the included u-bracket.

To help these users, we’ve made some changes and designed a small footprint baseplate to allow easier mounting onto all setups:

CMBasePlateMount.thumb.png.9aff238566d5b2977457d7ab7975fbc4.png

All customers who have pre-ordered the VPC MongoosT-50CM base will receive this mounting plate as a free gift!

This mount will also be available as a separate accessory and can be used to aid with mounting the VPC WarBRD base and the original VPC MongoosT-50 base into custom setups.

For those of you who have been with us from the start, you may recall our very first announcement (VirPil.COM - Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50), showing our proposed VPCockpit setup:

Comp21.jpg

In just 2 years we’ve released all the components for this setup; flightstick bases, grips, throttle and mounts… except for the rudder pedals.

Today is that long awaited day!

The VIRPIL Controls team is proud to present our latest development - and something we know has been requested for some; introducing our new range of VIRPIL Controls Rudder Pedals that include 1 and 3 axis devices!

First in the line up are the VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals:

VPCPedals_02.thumb.png.dca482818db7ec93082031c5db5fcc33.png

The VPC WarBRD Pedals are a single axis design developed as a continuation from the highly successful and sought after platform designed by our Chief Designer Roman Dorokhov (Baur) - creator of BRD devices. Featuring a sturdy all metal construction, cam centering mechanism and cast aluminium footplates.

For more advanced setups we have our VPC ACE Rudder Pedals, featuring the same WarBRD heritage but now features toe brakes for a total of 3 axis of control.

The VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals include full-foot cast aluminium pedals which can be adjusted for different foot sizes and pedal angles.

VPCPedals_01.thumb.png.42b4dc5650934d5f5bb012af86e28de7.png

Finally - we have the VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals which include a footplate accessory addon to convert the full-foot pedals found on the VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals to a heel-less design more commonly found on modern fighter jets.

VPCPedals_04.thumb.png.1854fb129d1d89b177fd6ae5f9d0a9fb.png

VPCPedals_03.thumb.png.9359b91e6a3ef6536b2471d08f8eede2.png

Both the VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals and the VPC ACE Rudder Pedals include the latest VPC electronics, including our high precision contactless digital sensors for accuracy of 0.006 degrees!

For the first time, the full VPCockpit is now available using VIRPIL Control’s devices!

The VPC Rudder Pedals are scheduled to open for pre-orders in July 2019, pricing will be confirmed in the near future. To thank our amazing supporters, we’ll be issuing a 10% discount applicable to any VPC Rudder Pedal set to everyone who has pre-ordered with us since 17th March.

Due to the immense popularity of our current pre-orders, the pre-order period will be closing ahead of schedule now on 27th March 2019. Pre-order now to secure your VPC gear including our newly announced VPC MongoosT-50CM Flightstick base and 10% discount on our upcoming VPC Rudder Pedals! Please check our payment information page for more details on completing your pre-order payment: VIRPIL EU - Order & Payment Info

Stay tuned for more news!

Regards,
VIRPIL Controls Team

5 Likes

Both look really nifty. If I didn;t have the VKB base, this would be pretty tempting.

I like some of the switch choices that VKB has gone for but Virpil is pretty quick to the market with this.

Those rudderpedals are the old BRD designs, with new footrests.
Very sound design!

1 Like

I really want a Virpil base. My reluctance comes from owning a CH stick. It had that weird separate X and Y axis. Can someone tell me if the Virpil BRD base is like that?

The WarBRD base is wonderful! I got mine just a short time ago. It has a very smooth action, with just the right amount of resistance. I highly recommend it. Oh, and no wierdness between the X/Y axis… :sunglasses:

The Virpil and VKB bases are pretty exceptional. That new Virpil one above looks pretty awesome … but so is it’s price, if I am reading things correctly: €269.95 is over $400 Canadian for the base alone. Since I have a VKB base, I can’t justify that kind of money - though if I didn’t have the VKB base the MongooseT-50CM looks stellar.

Do you mean how there were two embedded sliders of different sizes?

CH used the famous pincher style spring mechanism. This basically meant that the stick had zero force in the center and had to overcome a certain amount of break out force, at the start of the movement from center.
This meant that there was a slight notch, around center.

The VPC WarBRD has dual cams on both X and Y axes. Thes cams excerts a load onto the stick, at all times. When you move out of center, you just shift the angle of this load. And the cams determine this angle. It’s small around center and increase towards the end of travel. This means that the force needed to break the stick out of center ramps up gradually. There’s no notch.

The same thing goes for the MT-50, but it has another cam mechanism design, so you can have different spring loads on X and Y, and you can even use a cam with a notch for X and no notch for Y.

VKB used the old CH pincher design, earlier. They switched to a cam design some years ago. Today they even have rotational dampers on the X and Y axes. I haven’t tried those, but I hear they work well.

1 Like