Virtual Airline Polls

Should we open a new sub-forum for Mudspike based Virtual Airlines?

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

If we do create a Virtual Airline sub-forum, do you want a forum for posting individual company “diaries”? (In addition to a general sub-forms for Air Hauler 2 and FS Economy)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

When we purchase aircraft for general use for our Virtual Airline, should we allow “group” funds to purchase default aircraft, freeware add-ons, or payware?

• Default only - so people don’t have to find or buy anything.
  • Default AND freeware - a little work never hurt anyone.
  • Default AND freeware AND payware - it’s capitalism baby!
  • Default AND freeware AND payware - only when a majority of people VOTE for a proposed payware airplane.

0 voters

Should we allow non-Mudspike forum members to fly for Mudspike “branded” VAs?

• Yes
  • No
  • Yes - but keep an eye on those shifty looking dudes.

0 voters

Specific to Air Hauler 2 - what percentage of profits per flight should be returned to the pilot?

• 100% retained by pilot: I have a voracious beer habit.
  • 75% retained by pilot - 25% to Mudspike: I like beer and I’d like to buy other Mudspike pilots a beer sometimes too.
  • 50% retained by pilot - 50% to Mudspike: I’m a Libra
  • 25% retained by pilot - 75% to Mudspike: You Mudspike pilots look like drink more than me.
  • 0% retained by pilot - 100% to Mudspike: I’m just here for the smoke and flames.

0 voters

Polls are dumb - particularly ones with leading answers

• Yes
  • Definitely
  • Very much so
  • Affirmative

0 voters

What kind of Virtual Airline flying do you plan on doing?

• Everything
  • Helicopters
  • Bush planes
  • Mid-size planes
  • Large transports
  • Space? (Is Elon Musk a member?)

0 voters

What are you hauling?

• Cargo Only (fly it like you stole it)
  • People Only (you can still fly it like you stole it, but you’ll clean up barf)
  • Cargo sometimes / people sometimes
  • I plead the Fifth

0 voters

Sorry about the crappy formatting. I don’t know how to make polls. Nor do I know how to format them. I wanted BIG headers, but small polls.

Instead - I got BIG everything…

5 Likes

I wanted to vote for multiple entries on the “what do you want to fly” question.

1 Like

Yeah…I’m not too familiar with the poll creation tools and I screwed that one up. Unfortunately, once published, they don’t allow for editing…

Me and this website running stuff is quite hilarious…

I voted helicopters but I also love the DC-3. So, yeah, I might be able to talk myself into a little bit of fixed-wing. (Does the DC-3 qualify as a bush plane?) Ooh Ooh! I could keep FSE for helo stuff and AH for DC-3/Bush! This really could be quite fun!

2 Likes

Definitely…!!

3 Likes

I only voted for the ones I could understand. For example, I don’t know how the (hopefully virtual) money works so I didn’t opine on those questions.

What I’d like to do is take the couple of XP11 aircraft I have (B727F, Do228 and Piper Cheyenne) and fly them around hauling cargo. However it sounds like one must work their way up to stuff like that. Hmmmm… :thinking:

You can do FSE. There you just rent the plane you want to fly.

1 Like

I had to sit 3 miles away to read that poll. Geezz!!!

Anyway, if I remember FSE is based on type not specific plane. For example if you have the Flight Factor 767 FSE treats as a 767. Same for if you have the Level D sim 767. FSE sees it as a 767 therefore its the same bird I do believe(been over 5 years since i flew FSE). Where as AH sees each as a seprate plane.

Kinda wish AH saw by type and not by author, so to speak

1 Like

Then my Twin Beech qualfies too! WhooHooo! Gonna be scary though.

And yeah, I’d like to fly other stuff too, though right now nothing bigger than the BE18. Still eye-balling the C208 but that Skyhawk mod you turned me on to is holding me over.

1 Like

What I’m doing right now, and is one of two ways: created my own company starting with a large wad of cash by setting it up initially with the Easy mode (don’t recall the exact level but was enough to buy the plane I wanted). Then transfer jobs from that company (JR’s Fly By Night) to MAD, then fly the trip for them.

It’s a ‘cheat’ (starting a company in Easy mode) I guess, but I want to fly that acft NOW! I got over it.

There’s another option I read in the manual (skimmed it) where you don’t have to have your own company to join a VA.

I did it the former way simply cuzz the acft is so ‘unique’, to me - it’s not high-dollar payware quality which other might not care for.

Wonder if you can transfer acft from your company to the VA? Have to skim the manual a lil deeper.

Harumph. Well guess my new category wasn’t enough. Just kidding, I like these ideas. I will clean mine up.

EDIT: In my defense, I created them very quietly and moved some of the relevant topics over there but did not announce it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL…I’m sorry - I didn’t even see it! Feel free to move stuff wherever you see fit. By default, I usually only list by newly updated topics, so I almost never see the forum/subforum structure…

I’m so embarrassed…didn’t mean to do an end around you…

1 Like

No no. I didn’t let anyone know and your design is much, much better. :slight_smile: