A little more information from the VKB Forums.
Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)
(Shenzhen, PRC / Norman, Oklahoma USA / Utrecht, The Netherlands) - March 16, 2017
VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)
VKB is proud to announce the production launch of the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG).
This controller was developed by AVIAAVTOMATIKA in Russia for Sukhoi’s modernized ‘Flanker’ series of fighter jets, as well as their 5th generation prototypes. VKB engineers adapted the ergonomics of the real ‘Flanker’ grip for the use in flight simulations with only minimal design changes.
The VKB-Sim Modern Combat Grip (MCG) is compatible with the following controllers:
- VKB-Sim Black/Fat Mamba Mk.II/Mk.III
- VKB-Sim Vintage Mamba
- VKB-Sim Gladiator Pro Mk.I/Mk.II
- VKB-Sim Gunfighter
- Thrustmaster® Cougar™ * **
- Thrustmaster® Warthog™ * **
*To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as hat switch/buttons only
** Via adapter, sold separately
MCG Grip Characteristics:
- Made from ABS plastic (injection molding)
- “OMRON" Buttons
- Contactless Ministicks (analog or digital) for Slew Control w/ integrated Push Button
- Trigger #1: Dual Stage Trigger
- Trigger #2: Metal Trigger
- Metal Wheel Brake Lever with Contactless MaRS Sensor
- Adjustable Palm Rest
- Quick Release Fastening
- External Twist Adapter (currently under development)
VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) Production Status:
- The development phase has been completed
- The production run of the injection molds is slated for April 2017
- We’re aiming to start shipping towards the end of May, beginning of June, 2017
MSRP $99 (plus shipping and tax (where applicable))
A few additional items from RRhode:
A: Preordering tentatively slated for April 30, 2017.
Q: That external twist is interesting allso, some kinda extra piece that will be placed between base and stick?
A: The external twist adapter will indeed go between the controller’s base and the grip. More details later.
Q: Pinky Switch?
A: VKB is listening, and after some back and forth with Ilya he agrees now to include that pinky switch that we all (including me) want for the MCG. Due to the design of the MCG, it might have to move up and to the side, but you will get that extra button on the grip!
Also, the 2-way switch on the right side of the MCG head for your index finger will be redesigned as 4-way switch!
EDIT: I will likely be getting one of these to go with the GunFighter base that I have ordered. I will provide a review.