Voltage Converters

Does anyone have any experience with voltage converters? I picked this up to power a EU ButtKicker Gamer2 that’s been sitting in my closet for, I don’t know how many years.

LiteFuze LC-500US 500Watt Step Up/Down Travel Voltage Converter, US Cord

What about frequency conversion? What does the nameplate/ manual for acceptable frequency ranges?

I’m currently out and about, but I’ll check as soon as I get home.

A buttkicker is a bit aof a mean load for a converter in that its power factor is very unfavourable. That means it draws power in very short bursts instead of continuously. You’ll have to see if your converter can cope well with such a load.

The fuse on the EU amplifier is 230/240V, 50/60Hz, and 300W. The US fuse is 120V, 50/60Hz, and 300W. So, the voltage seems to be the deciding factor, as the specs are otherwise identical?

Those value’s are grid power, the US runs at a lower voltage level compared to the EU grid. The converter could be different and expect diffferent input value’s based on region.

Just a quick update. The converter came yesterday, and I’ve had some time to get everything connected and perform some basic tests, and everything looks good. Here’s a couple of pics to illustrate the setup (I know it’s dusty!).

You can see the converter in the bottom pic, to the right of the pedals, and under the desk.