VR Cockpit DIY

2 Likes

The analog lever is to emulate av8b nozzle i havent configured the controller for other aircraft other than f18c as it took me hours to register and ensure the switches are comfortable to be used inside the f18c… the parking brakee, launch bar and hook switch are self design and 3d printed to emulate the effect. Using rotary switch and on off button for pull and push. I dont dare to do more mechanical simulation of the handle as already too much on the plate…

2 Likes

4 Likes

The front up mid and low areas of panels is compatible with f18c and av8b with mirage 2000 a bit too much, f16 should do nice. There are black circles in each push button its actually mupy daughter’s sticker bead which i super glued. So i could create kind of pattern when im blind from outside world in VR HMD sort of brailles. At first I try to recreate brailles pattern in each number but learning brailles itself is daunting. So I just try to memorize the patter of button itself. As Ive worked with this button for months, eventually I could almost memorize 80-90% the button location and function :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

The master caution reset 3d printed button has a toggle sw in between to emulate an opening of protection enclosure of the fire extinguisher button

2 Likes

5 Likes

Your going to need a bigger shed, for all the hardware geeks to visit :slight_smile:
Nice looking setup @Roadrunner06

1 Like

You do know I have moderator superpowers, right…? :wink:
Seriously, though… I have to say I agree. Wish I could have something like @Roadrunner06’s pit out in the open.

And I have been borrowing ideas and getting inspiration from others.
Internet is a beautiful thing, used correctly. :wink:

But I think you missed the latest build. The SimBox NG.

Awesome! I have only been dabbling but I have idea! And these posts give me more!

To be fair, @Troll’s SimPit NG folds up into a nice credenza for serving Akvavit. :grin:

A warm welcome to @Roadrunner06!

2 Likes

Nice stuff @Roadrunner06 - your account has gone from ‘new user’ to one that can post multiple images in a post. That’s just an automatic new user restriction our system uses for spam and such. Enjoy, plus thanks for posting this stuff. It’s really interesting to consider this VR plus real switches approach - nice!

3 Likes

Welcome Roadrunner and what an inspirational pit!

The button / switch geek in me is demanding release. I must build something like this!

Alas my time is too limited right now, but not forever, and when I get to that point I will certainly use yours for ideas.

@Roadrunner06 warm welcome dude! Fantastic pit!
You’ll fit in great here and looking forward to seeing your next project!

Thanks all, yes yesterday got the limiter on so cannot reply,

Thanks, welcome and good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

Seen it and also the new one is incredible work…

Got it and its incredible work… great workmanship too…

1 Like

Wow, that’s amazing.
Welcome to Mudspike!

I’ve got some cougar MFD’s and was trying to figure out how to use them with VR. I really like the brail idea. Using that pronto!

Have you investigated Captoglove?

3 Likes