VR News: HP Reverb - Second Gen headsets are on the way

Step 1. Get a DeLorean
Step 2. Invent the Flux Capacitor

3 Likes

But where would I get 1.21GW to power it…?

2 Likes

I know a couple of middle eastern guys with a VW van…

3 Likes

Ughh… my reverb just bit the dust. I should’ve known something was up. For the last few weeks I’ve been getting a display cable error in the mixed reality portal. If I replugged the HMD usb connection it would start working again.

Today it started sparkling and blinking on/off. Same kind of crap with cable problems that were supposedly fixed in this new version. I had to RMA my first one for a bad headphone and now this. I want my money back. I don’t think they actually fixed anything with the poor quality display cable on this thing.

1 Like

Bad luck will2260. Maybe the rumored HTC alliance will solve QC issues. FWIW, mine has been trouble free.

That’s a bummer. Mine 2nd gen one has been working great…but I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Sorry about that luck man…

I’ve had this one for two months with light usage. I was hoping and expecting these issues were resolved but what I’ve experienced is the exact same thing people were complaining about with the early release versions.

Amazon agreed to take it back minus a restocking fee for being outside the return window. I’m going to do that instead of RMA since I’ve had two now with issues. I guess I’ll wait and see what kind of VR comes out after the apocalypse is over. :grin:

1 Like

I’m kind of curious about the Steam/HP Reverb collaboration. Maybe some of these issues have been sorted out with the new headset.

1 Like

Man that stinks! Sorry to hear. Knock on wood, mine has been trouble free so far.