VR News

small problem, i sorta complained a good deal at the wife when she wanted to hang those things up in the living room for other purposes, plus i don’t have any on hand tonight :smiley:

1 Like

the cost to run such a thing: the soul of your first born bound to your gaming desktop.

Skeptical towards that one. We’ll see how the press likes them first

1 Like

Done. Where’s my rig?

Ya’ know…I was browsing some VR titles today in the Oculus Store and it doesn’t take long to realize that a lot of developers, either out of a desire to speedily get a title out there to take advantage of the VR wave, or out a realization that simple graphics will run better in VR, are creating games that don’t even make an attempt at “realistic” graphics. In my opinion, that is OK, and would actually work well for a flight simulator “game”. Let’s face it, the high end of the spectrum is covered (FSX, X-Plane, DCS) - so why not shoot for a fun and entertaining flights sim (even combat flight sim) that has a good flight model, fun missions, but doesn’t necessarily have to have the most stunning graphics so that VR can take advantage of the simple graphics to run quickly. It would be nice if CAP 2 fits into this area…but even that is prettier that what I’m imagining. I was thinking more along the lines of SimCopter. It’d be nice to see.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. It’s telling that there is no video in the Oculus Store media areas. And it seems like everything that I want to buy hasn’t been released, like Robo Recall. I did pickup The Climb a couple of days ago, but haven’t been able to try it yet.

My wife gave me Touch Controllers for Christmas, and really had fun with First Contact though. Really well done IMO. Playing around with WALL.E’s cousin was a kick.

1 Like

I think you will have fun with The Climb. I was getting quite hooked with it before having to head out on the road before Christmas.

4 Likes

hopefully the tri-pods get here before the snowstorm, looks like it’s g2g then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember seeing a blocky kind of looking ultralight fligtsimgame on the Oculus store, marked as a future release. Can’t find it now though. Maybe it was cancelled?

There is one called Faceted Flight which looks similar to what I described (blocky graphics type)…but the gameplay didn’t look compelling enough to me (and looked like it might be a direct route to VR sickness). I’m hoping for a slower paced helo type game at some point…I really don’t want to race or do time trials (or shoot dinosaurs in bullet time)…

This is pretty cool…

3 Likes

I saw that. Not the one I was thinking about though… Like I said, I can’t find it anymore. Probably cancelled.

This is probably old news, but I just got touch. Lab experience drastically gets better after setting up room experience within steam. Before it was rather meh for some reason with tracking being interrupted constantly. After setting up room, it feels very nice chalking talking bowling bowls and getting a sweat on arrow at charging army.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if there a way to turn the room grid at the edges of your play area defined during Touch setup on/off? Or turn the Touch controllers on/off? When I sit in a chair to fly and lean forward, that grid thingy pops up.

I don’t think you can turn off the Touch controllers, they are meant to sleep peacefully when not used automagically.

For the Guardian grid, press your oculus menu button and there’s an off toggle on the left. Don’t bang your hands now though :boom:

Great fearless! Just what I was looking for.

1 Like

Now you can masturbate in the virtual world