VR Oculus Quest 2

I’m running a 2080S with a Rift S, and without the VR mod, multiplayer can kill my frames as well. I’ve got no experience with a link cable, so who knows.

I was hoping the resolution/clarity on the quest 2 would be substantially better. Might have to wait for the G2. Inside out tracking is the way to go.

1 Like

That’s weird, I never had any issues on multiplayer with my CV1. Maybe I just have my settings pretty low. The only setting I changed with the Quest 2 was turned my pixel number thing down from 1.8 to 1.0. If anything I figured that should improve my frame rate. I wonder if I have to clear my shaders.

have you checked your cpu frametime?

on Steam/Windows mixed reality we can use FPSVr an utility that track fps in Vr and check both their % usage and frametimes (the time to generate a frame by cpu or gpu)

if cpu takes to long to generate frames (high cpu frametime) gpu stay idle waiting for the frame to work on and the result is fos drops…

dcs multiplayer is heavy on cpu…

1 Like

I am just a simple aerospace engineer, you will have to explain to me how to get my frame time numbers. My new computer has a 10700k, 2070 Super and 64 Gb of RAM. I’m running the latest version of Win10

i’m sorry that’s an utility for steam ecosystem!

you’ll have to google “oculus frametime cpu” and find something that could work for you!

1 Like

Ok so I cleared my FXO and Metashaders2 folders and it sure seems to have smoothed out a bunch. There is still a little latency but I need to tune the visual setting and see if I can get it just right. I forgot I had Elite Dangerous on Steam so I will try that after work.

1 Like

It’s been a couple of months since I’ve played DCS. But it runs quite well on my vanilla 1080 and RiftS. One thing I have to do is cntl-alt-del and eliminate all references to Steam before I play. Results my vary but this is not placebo for me. I like Steam and flat adore IL2 VR (which requires it). IL2 actually runs better than DCS for me. But for whatever reason the three (Steam/DCS/Oculus) do not play well together on my system.

2 Likes

Nor mine . I fly Flying circus using Open Composite .
(Free)

2 Likes